“Back to my youth”
Review of Aloft Cupertino

Aloft Cupertino
Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in Cupertino
Reviewed 27 April 2014

Well, I thought my hosteling days were behind me. Aloft took me back to the days when I couldn’t afford to stay in a proper hotel. The only difference is, it thinks it really is one.

To be fair, the rooms are okay. Modern, good size, big window so well lit and reasonable facilities.

Everything else, however is a let down. You are offered a “green” option of making your own bed. ($200 per night, I don’t think so!)
In room tea and milk sachets are not refreshed daily.
Breakfast choices are poor, take whatever happens to be left in the chiller cabinets plus fruit and a few pastry’s left out on the side.
Some people may like the dimly lit elevators, not for me, again, reminds me of dodgy 1990 nightclubs
And don’t bother calling down to the front desk, you’ll be told someone will be “on it immediately” but nothing happens.

Never again.

Room Tip: Noisy if overlooking De Anza.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Nikki_Por, Starwood Hotels at Aloft Cupertino, responded to this reviewResponded 5 May 2014

I regret to hear that the Aloft experience was not for you. Our Make a Green Choice program is in place to reduce our carbon footprint if guests wish to participate – the program is completely optional. Thank you for bringing the tea refills to my attention, I will discuss this with our team. I was sorry to hear about your comments regarding our breakfast as we have recently added organic scrambled eggs, gluten free egg frittatas, steel cut oatmeal as well as build your own breakfast sandwich through our kitchen talent. If we ran out of some of these items, my apologies and we will review with the team to ensure that our products are available from the start to the end of the breakfast meal period. Thank you for your feedback as it helps us to improve guest satisfaction.

Reviewed 17 April 2014

Nice fresh and modern small Hotel. Rooms are comfortable and particular clean. Great bar with good service but best of all is the location. Located on D'Anza makes it the perfect place to say when visiting Cupertino.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Bart v
Reviewed 3 April 2014

I stayed at this property for one night for business. The front desk staff was friendly and the hotel has free underground parking, which is a plus for this Silicon Valley hotel. This property is walking distance from the Apple campus. The room was neat and clean, however, it is smaller than typical Aloft rooms. Since I was alone for business, it was OK, but it will be little tight for a two people.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Nikki_Por, Starwood Hotels at Aloft Cupertino, responded to this reviewResponded 18 April 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review and share your feedback. We're happy to hear that our hotel met your expectations for your business travel. We hope to welcome you back again soon for business or leisure!

Reviewed 1 April 2014

Rooms: Large.
Bed: Warm and comfortable.
Service: Friendly and accommodating.
Pets: Under 40 lbs and staff will bring in beds, treats and water bowls.
Style: Contemporary vibe.
Food: For breakfast hit the local Bobbi's Coffee Shop.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 22 March 2014 via mobile

Don't stay on the second floor. On Wednesday & Thursday nights, the noise level was ok and they stopped the music at around 1 am. I am writing this review on this Friday night at 23:34 pm, and I think they are having a party downstairs. The noise level is very high and things in my room are shaking. I will not stay in this hotel again.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
Nikki_Por, Starwood Hotels at Aloft Cupertino, responded to this reviewResponded 1 April 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We apologize that your night was disrupted due to noise. We will review our music best practices with the W XYZ bar team and ensure we have a higher degree of sensitivity to the noise level during the evening hours. Thanks. Jeff, General Manager, jeff.zogg@aloftcupertino.com

Reviewed 4 March 2014

I stayed in Aloft for 5 nights and I would say it is a nice, quiet, modern hotel that offers everything that you need on your business trip. It has well sized rooms, comfortable beds, a desk to work at and even a little fridge to cool your drinks. Located in a quiet environment minutes away from Apple.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Nikki_Por, Guest Relations Manager at Aloft Cupertino, responded to this reviewResponded 14 March 2014

Thank you for your review. We are happy to hear that your time with us during your business trip. We hope to see you again on your next trip to Cupertino.

Reviewed 2 March 2014

I discovered Aloft online as I was searching last minute for an affordable, local hotel to celebrate my son's birthday. We usually have all of our birthday parties at the Marriot (Residence Inn) but their rates sky rocketed so much that I had to find a new "party place". WE FOUND IT! As soon as we walked into the lobby the kids started running in all different directions. Aloft provides a really cool atmosphere, plenty of entertainment/socializing options, great bar, fun/hip decor and an amazing staff. When you walk into a hotel with 5 very excited kids, you are usually not met with friendly, smiling faces. Not true here. The staff provided the same superior service to the kids that they provided to me and all of the other guests. I am not exaggerating when I say that every single member of the staff that we came in contact with went above and beyond to accommodate our requests. Actually, we had very few requests but the employees saw some opportunities to make our stay a little better and they delivered. It's one thing to have a hotel "do their best" to honor their guests requests but Aloft employees/staff actually anticipate their guests needs and provide a level of service I haven't seen in any of the 5 star hotels I have stayed in. I highly recommend Aloft to everyone traveling for business or pleasure. You have got to experience the "Royal Treatment" provided at Aloft. The best part, Royal Treatment @ literally 1/2 the cost of "so-so" treatment.

Room Tip: If traveling with children, probably better to get a room closer to elevator as kids have a hard tim...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family

Happy belated birthday to your son! We are delighted to hear that he and his friends all enjoyed their birthday party at Aloft Cupertino, and that the experience was very easy for you as the host. We pride ourselves on our great team and customer service. We hope you are able to stay with us again in the future!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Cupertino
Cupertino Inn
#19 of 75 in San Jose
The Domain Hotel
The Domain Hotel
#4 of 33 in Sunnyvale

Been to Aloft Cupertino? Share your experiences!