“Nothing is good enough except the location”
Review of Aloft Cupertino

Aloft Cupertino
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Cupertino
“Nothing is good enough except the location”
Reviewed 12 May 2014

New hotel with good facility but lack of customer service and care compared to the rest hotels in the same area, i guess that's the reason they are only the one who not fully booked at that time! Frequent visitor gets more and more smart ;)

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank Z M

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed 5 May 2014 via mobile

It was my first time staying at this hotel. The 1st room I was give already had someone checked into it (there bags were on the floor and clothing on the bed). I quickly left and got placed into the room next to the gym. The room was nice and clean but, I was woken up by weights crashing on the floor at 4:30 am.

• Stayed January 2014
London
Reviewed 1 May 2014

A funky hotel, really close to Apple, and with the tec to make people using appliances with "i" proud. Reception staff outstandingly friendly and helpful, bar staff too. Got allocated a really nice and quiet room on 3rd floor (end of corridor). However, each day at about 11pm half of the room started to vibrate because they have a laundry for the linen (so NOT the laundrette for guests, that's on the 4th floor) starting to spin. Luckily this doesn't take long but it's still a bit unsettling if you are trying to get sleep to overcome jetlag! The prices at the bar for the snacks were a bit on the high side but the food was ok. Also, the "go green" signs are confusing in as much as you are ok with no fresh towels but you do expect the bins emptied and especially the coffee and amenities refilled. But apart from that, it was a very pleasant stay and thanks a bunch for all the help from Elisa and Theresa at reception. You go girls.

Portland, Oregon, United States
Reviewed 29 April 2014 via mobile

You get what you pay for, and while I am usually not an Aloft kind of guy this property is nice, new, clean, easy to get to off 280. Worth the drive from Palo Alto. Upon arrival I found plenty of free parking, they quickly got me checked in, and the front desk was great, getting me directions to whole foods. Really impressed. Hats off.

Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 29 April 2014

Let's face it - hotels are never as comfortable as home but the Aloft Cupertino comes close. The rooms are always spotless, the bathrooms come stocked with Bliss products, there is a (what seems like) nearly unused gym and pool area. All of that aside, what really makes this hotel feel comfortable is the friendliness of its staff. Elisa and Teresa at the front desk always have smiles on their faces, no matter what time of day, and are always eager to help. If I make a request, there's never any hesitation to do what they can to help make me feel comfortable. I've never stayed in a hotel before where I've felt the staff goes above and beyond what is required but they truly do. I have already told my friends who travel in the area to stay here!

Wokingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 April 2014

Well, I thought my hosteling days were behind me. Aloft took me back to the days when I couldn’t afford to stay in a proper hotel. The only difference is, it thinks it really is one.

To be fair, the rooms are okay. Modern, good size, big window so well lit and reasonable facilities.

Everything else, however is a let down. You are offered a “green” option of making your own bed. ($200 per night, I don’t think so!)
In room tea and milk sachets are not refreshed daily.
Breakfast choices are poor, take whatever happens to be left in the chiller cabinets plus fruit and a few pastry’s left out on the side.
Some people may like the dimly lit elevators, not for me, again, reminds me of dodgy 1990 nightclubs
And don’t bother calling down to the front desk, you’ll be told someone will be “on it immediately” but nothing happens.

Never again.

Room Tip: Noisy if overlooking De Anza.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Nikki_Por, Starwood Hotels at Aloft Cupertino, responded to this review, 5 May 2014
I regret to hear that the Aloft experience was not for you. Our Make a Green Choice program is in place to reduce our carbon footprint if guests wish to participate – the program is completely optional. Thank you for bringing the tea refills to my attention, I will discuss this with our team. I was sorry to hear about your comments regarding our breakfast as we have recently added organic scrambled eggs, gluten free egg frittatas, steel cut oatmeal as well as build your own breakfast sandwich through our kitchen talent. If we ran out of some of these items, my apologies and we will review with the team to ensure that our products are available from the start to the end of the breakfast meal period. Thank you for your feedback as it helps us to improve guest satisfaction.
Naperville, Illinois
Reviewed 17 April 2014

Nice fresh and modern small Hotel. Rooms are comfortable and particular clean. Great bar with good service but best of all is the location. Located on D'Anza makes it the perfect place to say when visiting Cupertino.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Bart v
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cupertino
Juniper Hotel
Aloft San Jose Cupertino
#26 of 75 in San Jose
Courtyard San Jose Cupertino
Wild Palms Hotel - a Joie de Vivre Hotel

Been to Aloft Cupertino? Share your experiences!