“Upscale deliciousness!”

Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Stevens Creek Blvd.
Description: Alexander's Steakhouse is a fine dining interpretation of the classic American steakhouse with hints of Japanese influence laced into the menu. Located in Cupertino, California, Alexander's Steakhouse is a welcome addition to the South Bay dining scene, receiving numerous awards and accolades since its opening in 2005.
Santa Clara
“Upscale deliciousness!”
Reviewed 21 July 2014

I had salmon and hubby had the merlot filet mignon! Ohhh they melted in our mouths, cooked to perfection. Bread baked in-house, and knowledgeable servers. We were treated like special guests.

Visited July 2014

• Indonesian first
“Five star - great steakhouse wit a different touch”
Reviewed 19 July 2014 via mobile

This restaurant is five-star in my book, one of the best steakhouses I have visited in a long time. Impressive wait staff and wait area. They are knowledgeable about the menu and wines. The food was excellent. The hamachi shot is highly recommendable. Everyone in our party had steak. All prepared to our liking and great quality. The wine recommendation was excellent. One could easily spend many hundred dollars dining here for just a few people(we had four in our party, and we exceeded 600).
The requisite cotton candy and chocolate was the finishing touch of a memorable experience.

Visited July 2014
Lund, Sverige
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Better than expected”
Reviewed 7 July 2014

Great food and service. The neighborhood however is not really restaurant like. The let this spot deceive the food and the experience of the restaurant which I found really good. By the way you do not have to order the Kobe beef you can enjoy looking at it on the way in.

• Visited August 2013
Sacramento, CA
“Not great, Expensive”
Reviewed 15 June 2014

My husband and I loved this place a few years ago when we came here. My husband was in San Jose over the weekend for business so I joined him to come here for dinner. Things were not great from the start. We were seated in a small room with one other large very loud party. When a women and a man go out to a fine dinner they may not want to be in the same room with a party of 15 yelling, laughing and even clapping repeatedly. We should have asked to be moved but we did not, our fault.
Service was good, not great. The worst thing was the food.  It was not fantastic. I wish I had the food people talked about in the 5 star reviews. NOTHING I ATE WAS OVER THE TOP FANTASTIC!!
Our bill came to $240 for two with tax and tip, no alcohol. We do not drink. With that kind of money spent I want to be blown away and I was not. We will not return.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank todarcie
Stamford, ct
“Don't let the neighborhood fool you”
Reviewed 9 June 2014 via mobile

When we approached the neighborhood, we thought "oh no, we have made a terrible mistake...this can't be any good" but then we walked in the front door. Sophisticated ambiance, nice bar and waiting lounge, superb, I mean superb, service and food to die for.

The cocktails and beer lists are extensive, as is the wine list. Prepare to spend a chunk of change. Well worth it though.

Our waiter was very well informed, friendly and had a great sense of humor. He seemed to understand what we would like and what we wouldn't and made excellent suggestions.

Do not pass up the Hamachi shots! We will return one day to the bar for drinks and just order those for a yummy dinner.

While there is a large selection of Japanese beef, we avoided that section of the menu due to the cost. Over the top. The American beef was excellent, really excellent. We had a side of truffle risotto that melted in our mouths.

By these time, we were asking our waiter if it would be possible to get drunk on food, we were so giddy by the deliciousness of it

Really great place.

Visited June 2014

Been to Alexander's Steakhouse? Share your experiences!