“Something for everyone”

Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Cupertino
Oregon
“Something for everyone”
Reviewed 30 May 2007

I drove from Oregon to the Cupetino Inn to celebrate my birthday because it was a central place for my California relatives to meet. The room was very comfortable, the bathroom had two sinks, and the separate sitting room allowed me to work late while my traveling companions slept. Our room was on the ground floor, close to the pool and to rooms occupied by my relatives. From the outside, the hotel looks like a cement monolith, but inside you find it is built around a lovely courtyard containing a fountain, pool, sauna, and lush plants.

Everyone who came to my party enjoyed some aspect of the Cupertino Inn. The kids loved the heated outdoor pool and sauna (open 24 hours), the men enjoyed watching baseball on the big screen TV, my cousin used the free wireless from the moment we checked in until the moment we checked out, I enjoyed the open bar, and there were plenty of food options nearby. The staff had no problem with me having a birthday party in the lounge that went late into the night with several people who weren't staying at the Inn (we weren't too noisy though). Everyone had a great time making waffles in the breakfast buffet.

The was a TV in the bedroom and one in the sitting room, but neither got very many channels. The one in the sitting room had a VCR; neither TV had a DVD player. The remote was missing from the one in the sitting room. The 1980's level technology didn't bother my son at all as he was able to find videos at the front desk that he was happy to watch.

• Liked — the pool, the breakfast buffet, and the evening happy hour
  • Disliked — Cold coffee at the evening happy hour, expensive phone charges
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Phoenix, AZ
Reviewed 16 September 2006

This hotel has a lot of nice touches. I stayed for one night. The breakfeast in the morning was nice and had everything I like to have for breakfeast. The room's only negative was that the TV channels are not expansive - no Comedy Central, for example. The whirlpool was also non functional.

Overall: the hotel has a lot of nice touches, and is located within walking distance of Apple HQ. I would stay there again.

• Stayed September 2006, travelled on business
2 Thank zbeeblebrox
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 2 September 2006

Because of problems with my flight from JFK, I arrived at San Jose Airport six hours late -- at 3:30am. I had reserved a rental car, but unsurprisingly the rental place was closed between 2am and 5am. I called the Cupertino Inn and they told me that they would come and pick me up. They came within 30 minutes. The room I was given was a nice suite with a nice sized living area. The breakfast selection was nice -- even included make-your-own-waffle facilities. Without me asking, the Inn offered to drop me off at the company I had business with that day. They told me that if I needed to be taken anywhere else to call the Inn. They drove me back to the airport once my business was concluded. Because they were so solicitous, I didn't miss the rental car I had reserved but never picked up. Overall, the service was great, the facilities were nice and I would stay there again if I had business in that area again.

• Stayed August 2006, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3 Thank 8675309jenny
Reviewed 20 February 2006

I always make my husband stay in Best Westerns, but I decided to branch out this Valentine's weekend. We LOVED the Cupertino Inn. The room was spacious with a great front, sitting room. The spa and pool is open 24 hours (we used it a lot). The continental breakfast was the best we have ever seen. We don't ever stay in Hiltons or other high class hotels, but this hotel beats Best Westerns by a landslide.

4 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 14 November 2005

I'm writing this review with mixed emotions. There must have been a conference going on last week because I could not get a hotel room anywhere close to Sunnyvale. All that my travel agency could find was the Cupertino Inn. I previewed the hotel pictures before I checked in and did not expect much. (Someone really needs to update those pictures.) I was a little surprised when I arrived though because it wasn't as bad as the pictures let on. The lobby was ok and service was just ok, too. I took an elevator that leads you to a glass door where you walk outside to your room. I don't like rooms exposed to natural forces; it makes me feel like I'm in a drive up motel.

The rooms were surprisingly large. I had a suite. But I agree with another user review in that the bathrooms are not in good shape. My shower curtain was missing a hook and water would go everywhere on the floor. Walls near floor look like there is water damage.

If you're still into VHS movies, they had a VCR in my room. Not my taste. They don't have the ability to order movies on demand (another bummer). Wireless doesn't work very well in the back of the hotel where my room was. Personnel offered me another room after I had unpacked so I refused the new room and just suffered without consistent wireless service.

The hotel does boast that they have a full breakfast and happy hour until 8pm. They do have a limousine with service to and from airport or train stations.

All in all, the hotel was definitely not a Marriott or Hilton. I would not volunteer to stay here again, however. If you're looking for luxury, pass. If you're looking for just an adequate place to lay your head, then this might be for you.

• Stayed November 2005, travelled on business
2 Thank Irene W
Reviewed 21 July 2005

What can I say? N-a-s-t-y.

Let's see....
1. Dirty, as in visible dirt (in corners in tub, on light switches)
2. Stained-up carpet
3. Hair in bathtub and on bathroom floor
4. Soap on shower wall (looks like it had been dripped there, and not wiped up)
5. Hair in the bed--not just one piece, but 3 long hairs, and lots of little, curly hairs
6. When I checked in, the young woman at the front desk looked unprofessional, at best (scantily-clad), and a young gentleman was changing his shirt behind the counter.
7. "mini bar": Closed with a zip-tie. Half-way defrosted--everything was warm and sitting in a puddle of water, and it was filthy.

I was supposed to stay for 3 nights. I barely made it the first night, and checked out on the second. Don't let the pictures on the internet fool you. It's disgusting. I changed hotels, and stayed at the Marriott Courtyard, which was clean, clean, clean.

• Stayed July 2005, travelled on business
3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 26 June 2005

I stayed here in November 2004 and wrote a great review. I can only say that things keep getting better and better. Roomservice is now offered as well as a BBQ steak dinner for 12 dollars, every Wednesday by the pool. Only the finest local wines grace the happy hours free open bar during the week (5-7pm). The rooms are spacious and the one we stayed in sported a jaquzzi tub. Fresh Coffee brews all day long in the lobby and free Wi Fi is offered. Forgot your wireless card, no issue, the front desk has them for you to use at no charge. This hotel is about offering exceptional service at a great price. The employees are friendly and will bend over backward to assist you. A white stretch limo is available to take you back and forth to the airport, your company or dinner. I look forward to staying here again.

• Stayed June 2005, travelled on business
3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cupertino
The Grand Hotel
#4 of 6 in Cupertino
The Domain Hotel
The Domain Hotel
#4 of 33 in Sunnyvale

Been to Cupertino Inn? Share your experiences!