“Just a room”

Ranked #6 of 8 Hotels in Cypress
San Diego, California
“Just a room”
Reviewed 10 March 2012

It´s clean. If you need a place to sleep after a long day at Knott´s Berry Farm, this is OK. Free wi-fi and free parking, microwave and mini-fridge. "Free breakfast" means cereal (2 choices), bad coffee, juice. The bathroom light buzzes and the bathroom fan is loud. The room looks out over the parking lot and the tire place next door. Traffic noise is pretty audible. The area is sleazy. For the price, it´s OK, but I think you could get a nicer room in a nicer property in a more convenient location for the same amount of money. If you are looking to hang out in your room and relax, look elsewhere.

Room Tip: Ask to be away from the stairs.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank KdeBz

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
San Francisco, CA
Reviewed 20 November 2011

I needed to catch a very early flight at LBG and needed to stay at a reasonably priced hotel closeby. I ended up choosing this property and glad I did. I judge hotels on safety and security (as a woman traveling alone), on cleanliness, and convenience.
I know Los Angeles generally, but considering its vastness, there are always "new" areas to discover. And this was one area I was not too familiar with , but considering I was around Garden Grove/Westminster area, it was rather close.
Im impressed with the cleanliness of the room , WIFI accessibility and the ease in which I was able to get to the airport (16 min max). But what resonated me most was the sincerity of management to extend assistance to its guest. Im particularly referring to Mr. Patel who was most gracious and most helpful, and very reassuring. Thank you, Mr. Patel....
I highly recommend this establishment. It's a hidden gem, because of all the above.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
San Diego, California
Reviewed 19 November 2011

What a great price. Was in town for a friends party and didn't want to spend a lot of money. This place was reasonably priced, clean rooms and considering it sits on a main street, it was pleasantly quiet. The staff was very helpful with directions and even inquired how my night went. When I told him I got lost returning to the hotel, he responded with "you should have called me here" I did manage to get myself back to my room safely. Should I return to the area, I would most definitely book here again!

• Stayed November 2011, travelled solo
2 Thank juanita l
Fort Wayne, Indiana
Reviewed 14 November 2011

It was really far from the convention center but the room was excellent, Breakfast was served everyday and even early if we had to leave before serving hours. It was clean, beautiful and basic. No pool but there was an incident that happened that made everything so perfect. We had never rode the bus system before and was unfamiliar with how it worked. We had taken a bus from the Convention Center to our first stop on a Sat night, Once at this stop we realized after a half hour and a bystander that there was no more service for the night. I remembered being given the card to our hotel and was told if we needed anything to call. I did and this couple quickly came to our rescue and took us back to the hotel @ 11:30 at night and wouldnt take a penny for gas! It doesnt get any better than that. I will be always greatful as I had my young son with me. Thank You Sooooo Much.

Room Tip: We were in the middle on the second floor and it was perfect
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Ddozois
California
Reviewed 6 November 2011

I think this hotel is the best deal in LA right now. For $54.00 a night, we had a clean, quiet room, within a 15-30 minute drive to Disneyland, Knotts, Cal State Long Beach, and Seal Beach. Points farther north and west (Redondo, downtown LA) would be an easy drive up the 405. The staff is welcoming and polite.

This hotel is perfect for a traveller who needs basic, clean, centrally located accommodations for a short trip.

As an added bonus, there are several local restaurants that should not be missed. Senor Big Ed's is two blocks away and serves up excellent Puerto Rican food. Dalton's Diner on Valley View Street is a local haunt and bakes their own Cinnamon Bread and fruit pies. A short drive to Seal Beach will reward you with A Slice Of New York Pizza, for honest-to-goodness NY thin crust pie.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank DagneyT
USA
Reviewed 12 September 2011

We stayed just one night.. that was all it took! I would not stay again! The Inn is priced very low - because the rooms are substandard. If you want a truly clean and well -maintained room do not stay here. The CARPET WAS DIRTY, the SINK LEAKED, the FLOOR TILES were FILTHY and the bathroom had a horrible odor permeating the whole room. The A/C WOULD NOT STAY stay consistently COOL and the SHEETS SMELLED LIKE NO SOAP was USED to wash them... not to mention the BED was EXTREMELY HARD!! We weren't able to really sleep because we were very uncomfortable. We called the front desk to ask for a credit to be issued for the room because of the situation and the very nice lady said she would see what she could do to tell the manager and get the credit issued. There was no follow-up or further discussion- nothing was done!

Room Tip: Do not trust all AAA Bureau hotels or every single review here. Remember every review is subjective...
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled on business

Travellers are raving about these Cypress hotels

Santa Maria, California
Reviewed 21 August 2011

We stayed at this hotel for our trip to Seaworld and Knotts. Not just the hotel,but the whole city was very nice and quiet. The hotel was very clean and check in couldnt be any easier. Our room was very clean, it had a fridge and a microwave. My husband, daughter and I slept the whole night with no dissruptions. In the morning at check out i was greeted by a man who i believe might be the owner. He was very curtious and right away wanted to know how everything was, he offered breakfast, but unfortunately we had over slept and did not have time. He also offered to provide me with maps for our trip. His service was just awesome and made our experience great. For the price and the experience, i would definitely stay there again!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Faby F
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cypress
Extended Stay America - Orange County - Cypress
HYATT house Cypress/Anaheim
La Quinta Inn & Suites NE Long Beach/Cypress
La Quinta Inn & Suites NE Long B...
#1 of 1 in Hawaiian Gardens
Super 8 Cypress Buena Park Area
Courtyard Cypress Anaheim/Orange County
Studio 6 Cypress
Studio 6 Cypress
#7 of 8 in Cypress

Been to Rodeway Inn Cypress? Share your experiences!