“OK, will do for one or two nights”

Rodeway Inn Cypress
Ranked #6 of 8 Hotels in Cypress
Reviewed 8 August 2012

OK, there were no bedbugs, the sheets were clean and toilet/sink too, the carpet was newer. The bed was comfortable, tv ok, micro wave and fridge alright. But there was more to complain about than rave about. Breakfast is fake juice, poor coffee, cereal, pastires. Not even creamers for the coffee (which it needed), just powdered stuff. Small 2-table area. Things missing in the room included a chain on the door, the cover for the bathroom fan, any extras like postcards, stationery, etc. There was a hairdryer, iron board and iron. No info on where to eat, who might deliver, etc. Just the standard lobby rack of advertisers' cards.
The bathroom floor needs a good steam cleaning. The bathtub was icky, it was a whirlpool and the jets had black stuff in them; I would NOT have risked my life in the bathtub, but for a shower it was OK. Rooms have no view to speak of, but I guess it was alright for one night. Would go back if needed a place but not make this a destination by any stretch of the imagination.

Room Tip: Not sure if the rooms are all like - I'd try to stay on the top floor if I went back.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank hrivney
There are newer reviews for Rodeway Inn Cypress

Reviewed 31 July 2012

Stayed for three nights. The place was less than clean, smelled musty, noisy (unusable) ceiling fan, and the internet was sporadic even though they had three choices. Gratis breakfast was not worth considering, in that there was very little variety and the drink machine was partially out of order every time. The walkways were deteriorating at every stairway, and the surfaces were rough (noisy for rolling suitcases). The TV sattelite was hard to operate, and demanded four keystrokes just to get to the point where you could use the remote.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 June 2012

Picked this place to stay for a few nights because of the location, reviews and price but it was a mistake. As per KdeBz, the bathroom fan so noisy, asked the manager or owner to take a look who said he will but nothing happened. Asked the maid with note for extra pillows because their pillows are so tiny and soft. Maid took the tips we left but there was no extra pillows. I mentioned to the manager or owner again, said he will mention to the maids but pillows did not show up after we go back. Gave up and went to the front and asked for it. Bathroom towels are gross and need to replaced. One with a big stain, i mean half the towel and the other has hole in it. It's like a rag. I took some pictures. Wireless was terrible as our was almost at the end of the hall.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 March 2012

It´s clean. If you need a place to sleep after a long day at Knott´s Berry Farm, this is OK. Free wi-fi and free parking, microwave and mini-fridge. "Free breakfast" means cereal (2 choices), bad coffee, juice. The bathroom light buzzes and the bathroom fan is loud. The room looks out over the parking lot and the tire place next door. Traffic noise is pretty audible. The area is sleazy. For the price, it´s OK, but I think you could get a nicer room in a nicer property in a more convenient location for the same amount of money. If you are looking to hang out in your room and relax, look elsewhere.

Room Tip: Ask to be away from the stairs.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank KdeBz
Reviewed 20 November 2011

I needed to catch a very early flight at LBG and needed to stay at a reasonably priced hotel closeby. I ended up choosing this property and glad I did. I judge hotels on safety and security (as a woman traveling alone), on cleanliness, and convenience.
I know Los Angeles generally, but considering its vastness, there are always "new" areas to discover. And this was one area I was not too familiar with , but considering I was around Garden Grove/Westminster area, it was rather close.
Im impressed with the cleanliness of the room , WIFI accessibility and the ease in which I was able to get to the airport (16 min max). But what resonated me most was the sincerity of management to extend assistance to its guest. Im particularly referring to Mr. Patel who was most gracious and most helpful, and very reassuring. Thank you, Mr. Patel....
I highly recommend this establishment. It's a hidden gem, because of all the above.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 19 November 2011

What a great price. Was in town for a friends party and didn't want to spend a lot of money. This place was reasonably priced, clean rooms and considering it sits on a main street, it was pleasantly quiet. The staff was very helpful with directions and even inquired how my night went. When I told him I got lost returning to the hotel, he responded with "you should have called me here" I did manage to get myself back to my room safely. Should I return to the area, I would most definitely book here again!

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled solo
2  Thank juanita l
Reviewed 14 November 2011

It was really far from the convention center but the room was excellent, Breakfast was served everyday and even early if we had to leave before serving hours. It was clean, beautiful and basic. No pool but there was an incident that happened that made everything so perfect. We had never rode the bus system before and was unfamiliar with how it worked. We had taken a bus from the Convention Center to our first stop on a Sat night, Once at this stop we realized after a half hour and a bystander that there was no more service for the night. I remembered being given the card to our hotel and was told if we needed anything to call. I did and this couple quickly came to our rescue and took us back to the hotel @ 11:30 at night and wouldnt take a penny for gas! It doesnt get any better than that. I will be always greatful as I had my young son with me. Thank You Sooooo Much.

Room Tip: We were in the middle on the second floor and it was perfect
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Ddozois
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cypress
Super 8 Cypress Buena Park Area
Studio 6 Cypress
Studio 6 Cypress
#7 of 8 in Cypress
Hampton Inn Los Angeles / Orange County / Cypress

Been to Rodeway Inn Cypress? Share your experiences!