Hampton Inn Los Angeles / Orange County / Cypress
Ranked #3 of 8 Hotels in Cypress
Nixa, United States
“Vacation”
Reviewed 4 August 2014

In a prior telephone conservation with the hotel they were very rude. But after my arrival all the staff were very helpful and polite. The hotel was clean, and well kept, and the breakfast was very good. Overall it was a good stay and I would stay there again.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Reviewed 30 July 2014

This hotel was not on the main drag, so it was quiet. The noise upstairs and people in the hallway bothered me a little, but overall, the free breakfast, internet and fitness room was good. I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo

Missouri
Reviewed 28 July 2014

We use this hotel to visit Disneyland, avoiding the Disneyland hotel prices. The park is a very easy 6 mile drive from the hotel (no big highways). The hotel is a nice standard Hampton that caters primarily to business travelers since it is located next to a very upscale business park. The rooms are nice and there is a Target adjacent to the hotel as well as many close restaurants.

However, this trip was not as enjoyable as our last due to noise issues every night of our stay. Our room was surrounded by a high school softball team so the noise was pretty bad. We also had kids running and jumping off the bed onto the floor in the room above us. I highly recommend getting a room on the top floor to avoid some of this noise. Otherwise I do recommend this hotel

Room Tip: Request top floor room. Also book early becasue this is a popular hotel that fills up quickly.
Reviewed 26 July 2014 via mobile

The hotel is a good idea if you want to visit Disney on California. Is located in a quiet area on Cypress, but there are many facilities near it: Walgreen, Walmart, restaurants whatever you need. The hotel is clean and breakfast is hot and good...!

Stayed June 2014
Woodstock, Georgia
Reviewed 26 July 2014

I will start with the positives - which honestly aren't a lot. It is conveniently located. Close to beaches and also to Anaheim. In fact it is just a few minutes away from Knott's Berry Farm. The breakfast area is large and comfortable. The food selections for breakfast were pretty standard though some things I usually see at Hamptons (sugar-free syrup, etc) were not available. The housekeeping staff that I saw were all extremely friendly and did a great job cleaning the room.

Ok so that's really all that was good. Now the bad. Had I realized how close the hotel was to Disney, etc I might have realized it would be full of kids (and would almost certainly have stayed somewhere else). The week that I was there the hotel was full of several groups of kids. I called the front desk numerous times to complain about the noise and nothing was ever done about it. They didn't even offer to move me to a higher floor when I complained that the people above us were constantly stomping and very loud. At one point when I called, the front desk clerk told me she had no idea what room the noise was coming from so there was nothing she could do! I increasingly feel that Hilton cares more for their large groups staying in the hotels than their loyal HHonors members.
Maybe because of the large groups, but the coffee service was routinely out of coffee, creamer, hot water, and/or other items. On several occasions I had to ask for items I needed. Also, it seems that usually there is only one person on staff at the front desk which means that the desk often is unmanned when that person is called away for something else (which apparently happens a lot considering how often there was no one available at the desk).
The rooms themselves are spacious but not very comfortable. There is no couch, so if you want to sit and watch tv your options are the bed or one of 2 chairs. The two chairs available were both quite uncomfortable. The desk chair was too low for the desk and was not adjustable. The shower was large but had only one small soap dish - not enough places to put items needed in the shower (especially for women). I had to put my shampoo and conditioner bottles on the shower floor. Also, there is no ledge so it makes shaving legs a bit tough. The shower has a glass door which is nice on some levels but does make the shower less convenient. The air conditioning is efficient but extremely loud. Also, this is California, not Antarctica - really don't need the 1000-lb comforter on the bed!
Overall I am disappointed that the hotel was not concerned about my comfort or satisfaction. I seriously doubt I would choose to stay here again unless I just had absolutely no other choice. But given the abundance of hotels in the area I don't think that will be a problem.

Room Tip: Choose another hotel.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank KerryD984
El Paso, United States
Reviewed 25 July 2014

I loved this place, its very nice in and out it is very clean, I stayed there with the family the breakfast was great ,pool and fitness center. This place was a little far from universal studios but close to Disneyland. Front desk personal are very friendly. The beds are very comfortable, house keeping is great after our day everything was organized. I spent a little time at the pool and it was good. Breakfast was great every day they had something different saved us a lot of time getting out. I would definitely stay again.

Vallejo, United States
Reviewed 25 July 2014

A convienient place to stay, not too far from Disneyland. Staff and hotel were OK, however, evening front desk clerk looked like he was "off the street" so to speak - wearing a casual sweatshirt, not professional at all, and definetley not a Hilton standard.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Also consider these accommodations in or near Cypress
HYATT house Cypress/Anaheim
Hotel Pepper Tree
Hotel Pepper Tree
#29 of 118 in Anaheim
Residence Inn Cypress Los Alamitos

Been to Hampton Inn Los Angeles / Orange County / Cypress? Share your experiences!