“Comfortable stay and close to Knott's Berry Farm”

Super 8 Cypress Buena Park Area
Ranked #5 of 8 Hotels in Cypress
Reviewed 30 December 2013

We booked 2 rooms (303 & 304). Rooms were clean and the beds very comfortable. There was a slight smell of musk but not at all over powering. The staff on the night shift was very pleasant and helpful. Very close to Knott's Berry Farm. The breakfast was OK. The only hot items were the waffles (different flavor every day. First morning, strawberry flavored and the second morning, blueberry flavored) and the pork sausage. Two choices for cold cereal. Packaged sweet rolls and muffins. Cold hard boiled eggs. Orange juice, coffee, hot water for tea, apples and oranges, bread for toast, packaged oatmeal. The breakfast room was very small and only had 4 tables. Be prepared to wait to make your waffles. There is only one waffle iron. Would stay here again.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
GMQUALITY_5651, Manager at Super 8 Cypress Buena Park Area, responded to this reviewResponded 26 January 2014

• Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and we appreciate your feedback. The issues mentioned in your review have been under consideration and resolution. The hotel staff and management work diligently to ensure each guest has a great overall hotel experience; your recent stay is obviously the exception and not the rule. We welcome you back to our hotel the next time that your travels take you to the Cypress area and we look forward to exceeding all of your expectations. Thank you again for taking the time to let us know how we are doing and allowing us to see a true picture from a guests' point of view.

There are newer reviews for Super 8 Cypress Buena Park Area

Reviewed 17 September 2013 via mobile

Staff was great. Room was nice and clean. They let us do early check-in without charge. Breakfast was not the best but good. Morning person opened pool gate bit early upon request since we were checking out that day. Looked like skme remodeling going on in the hotel, lots of construction materials in the pool are. Over all great stay, would stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2013

• Thank you for taking the time to write a review on trip advisor. We truly appreciate your feedback regarding your stay with us and glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to seeing you again on your next stay in Cypress.

Reviewed 3 August 2013

Nice rooms , very limited but friendly staff. Always willing to help. Ron is the go to guy for any needs.He helped us to plan our day, direction, restaurants, attraction etc. He made our trip very simple.

PROS: Rooms, very friendly staff, quite and easy access to restaurants and shopping.
CONS: Very very very tiny breakfast room. Thank god Ron allowed us to take the breakfast to our room.In room tv is 70's style. I gave 4 star to room because to tv only.

We will be back again and I recommend this hotel to anybody and everybody.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple

• Thank you for staying with us and letting us know that we took good care of you. We are very proud of our well trained staff and this helps us to ensure that they are living up to our guest’s expectations.

Our hotel staff is considering drawbacks you mention very seriously and we are doing our best to resolve these issues in timely manner.

Reviewed 7 July 2013

We chose a location near relatives, but good to reach area attractions. Recently updated, exterior doors and stairs plus elevator. Beds were comfy. Duvets used for "blanket" layer...one had a whole in it. Newer carpet, drapes, but black out drapes needed laundering (finger smudges, which we reported). New tile in bathroom, granite around the sink/ shower surround made it feel clean. AC is a little noisy. Little frig and microwave. Breakfast available near the lobby. Same breakfast every day. Coffee, hot water for tea or oatmeal, packaged baked goods, plain bread to toast, yogurt, boiled eggs and link sausage (served hot) along with waffle maker (which didn't seem to cook the waffles through), and whole fruit, but only three small tables. Often, all chairs were occupied, tho' hours were generous, 6:30 to 9:30AM. Area restaurants were plentiful, tho' limited in scope. Small pool. Another customer overheard complaining about one bed for family of three.

Room Tip: Used 800 number to get best price. Choose a room on the top floor...Second floor in the back half, o...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank careclare
GMQUALITY_5651, Manager at Super 8 Cypress Buena Park Area, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2013

Reviewed 1 July 2013

After researching the area... I chose the Quality Inn based on price. I was totally impressed with the cleanliness of the overall grounds of the hotel, our room and the swimming area, which I spent an entire morning at. The free breakfast was delicious and an added bonus. I would recommend this hotel to anyone looking for an affordable place to stay while on vacation.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends

Reviewed 21 June 2013

We were so impressed with the quality of our room, the grounds, cleanliness, peace and how friendly the staff. Our stay was just so easy. We definitely will return. The furniture and bed was beautiful!

Room Tip: Third floor faced the pool, perfect!
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
GMQUALITY_5651, General Manager at Super 8 Cypress Buena Park Area, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2013

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. It is good to hear that you had a very pleasant stay with us. Our staff works very hard to provide best accommodation and experience. Once again thank you for staying with us and we welcome you back to our hotel the next time that your travels take you to the Cypress area.

Reviewed 16 June 2013

I hope that this review will prevent travelers from an experience that may ruin their vacation/trip. I felt it a duty because as travelers, our spending activities are continuous and high in volume and thus where one chooses to spend their hard earned dollars should be considered not just for the customers' sake, but for the sake of honest, friendly business owners alike. For this reason, I am candidly sharing my experience.

My reservation was from 2/7 to 2/7/2013. The main concern is with Guest Services. Having stayed at most of the hotels in the Long Beach to Cypress area, I've come to know the standards that each class of hotels operate by. For most 2 stars, I know that it will be a continental breakfast if not a muffin/fruit/oatmeal grab basket. Face to face interaction may involve some friendliness but not to be expected. Requests for extra toiletries, etc are to be picked up from the lobby, not brought up to the room. But the discriminatory treatment that I got here was so egregious that it reflects upon the owners of this establishment.

On the first night here, I my guests wanted to stay over the first night and this occurred right after I checked into a King Bed room. It was about 10:30pm and I requested a 2 Double Bed/Queen Bed room instead. The night attendant's response was an abrupt rude "NO". I was offended by the lack of attempt to accommodate since the original room's bathroom wasn't used and bed wasn't slept on. It's no skin off of his or hotel's back to put me in there if a Double room was available and no reservations were made for tonight. I asked if at least one is available and without checking, he told me at least one was but would not give me a direct answer when asked why it wouldn't be possible. I told me that the chances of a late night straggler with a family coming in for a Double Room is low even though his answer was the obvious opposite. He looked for every excuse in the book, such as policy doesn't allow for it after the initial check-in or only one is left and may be rented. He knew that I'm locked in and thus there is no reason to accomodate. I then asked if 10 dollars more a night would allow for it and after some consideration, he told me $20. Double Bed Rooms are considered to be the most basic rooms in the hotel industry. Therefore it's shocking how this night attendant would refuse and then tried to overcharge for a room change when I was willing to pay more. I expressed that he is offensive and greedy, giving me an option only when he felt that I would pay more. He responded with profanity at me, a customer. I asked for his name and at first he wouldn't give it, then told me he is the manager and a fake name. Unless the owner lives there, he/she is usually not the one to work graveyard. I left the office angered and stayed in the original room. I thought that the drama was over until checkout time came about.

On the morning of check-out, I woke at 11:15 to loud banging on the door. Checkout time is 11:00am and so I was wondering who it was since I was only 15 minutes past checkout time. I didn't have contacts/glasses on and was very groggy. After opening the door I discovered a very angry owner/manager in my face. He half yelled that I need to leave and that it is past check-out. I asked for the time and asked for the official checkout time. He responded that Checkout was 9:00am! I told him that all hotels checkout is no earlier than 11:00am and he insisted that if I didn't leave in 5 minutes, he would call the police. I asked if his anger and offensive acts toward me was due to my disagreement with the night attendant, to which he stated "I don't care what happpened." I told him that I would shower and be out in 15 minutes and he repeated that I need to be out in 5 minutes. I proceeded to close the door but he BLOCKED IT with his elbow to prevent me from closing it. I couldn't believe he was doing it since guests oversleep and it's only reasonable to grant 15 minutes. I have rights to the room and this extra 30 minutes doesn't cause a problem since housekeeping have other rooms to clean. I then slammed the door shut so that I could pack and shower.

Afterwards, I asked if the police made it since I wanted to report HIS harrassment. He never called them and after another verbal exchange and having the [--] word used at me, I left, vowing never to rent from this hotel again. The treatment that I got was so extreme that I it was actually harrassment and discrimination since other guests did not receive such. I did not vandalize the room or approach the night attendant and owner with rudeness. Plus, they are supposed to be accommodating within reason, not verbally assault a guest. I put such emphasis on this incident because guests may have special requests from time to time and this treatment may occur again. This is indicative of the owner's perception of his business, guests, and their rights. Such treatment seems to indicate that they think another unsuspecting guest will replace me and hence the lack of need for decent Guest Service.

I believe that it is important to choose where money is spent because it rewards companies that do it right; ones that value their customers. They then can thrive and grow to weed out the companies that do not care. To be objective, the room quality itself was good for a 2 star. The building is not run down and all of the appliances and furniture worked as they should. The location is ok but if one is going to Knott's Berry Farm, there are closer hotels to stay in with a comparable price.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled solo
5  Thank K W

We would like to apologize for your experience here at our hotel. I have shared your review with our staff and make sure they get proper training to accommodate guest properly.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Cypress
Rodeway Inn Cypress
Knott's Berry Farm Hotel
Knott's Berry Farm Hotel
#3 of 19 in Buena Park
Baymont Inn & Suites By Wyndham

Been to Super 8 Cypress Buena Park Area? Share your experiences!