“Home away from Home”

Courtyard Cypress Anaheim/Orange County
Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Cypress
Reviewed 4 May 2011

I have stayed at this hotel numerous times and have been very happy each time with the comfort, cleanliness, affordable, and friendly with professional staff! I would like to highly recommend this hotel to anyone going to that area which is close to restaurants and shops.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled on business
SallyBrayton, Director of Sales at Courtyard Cypress Anaheim/Orange County, responded to this reviewResponded 6 May 2011

Dear Ms Benudiz,

Thank you for your comments. The staff and management will continue to work hard to see that our guests enjoy their stay. Please contact me on your next visit, I would like the opportunity to meet you.

Kindest Regards,

Sally Brayton

Reviewed 4 May 2011

I have to say, "Courtyard by Marriot in Cypress, CA is the best." I am a single woman and only stay in hotels that are clean, safe, and that care about their customers. Every year since 2003, I have chosen to stay at this hotel and at least four times a year sometimes more. I stay for one to three nights, and In eight years I've never had a bad experience there. I have had special Sorority events at this hotel that were wonderful.
Most importantly, the rooms are ALWAYS clean and professionally made up. I've stayed here so often it almost feels like home to me, and I've recommended it to more people than I can count. The empolyees are always friendly, helpful and eager to please...they have become like family to me after so many years.
Seriously, the only time I would ever stay anywhere else is if Courtyard Marriott in Cypress didn't have a room available. I consider it 'My Hotel'!

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank ShayFallbrook
Reviewed 18 April 2011

I stayed one night for a business trip. There was an event there so my association have everyone stayed there, this is our first time. I took a shower before I went to bed, there were no bites. when I was laying on the bed, I smelled some weird smell on the pillow , I thought it was just a dirty pillow so I threw the pillow on the side and not use it. The next morning I saw a bug bite on my abdomen area. I had to check out at 5:30 AM and went to my association conference. I told the people there that it might be a bug bite. When I got home, I went to the shower and noticed 15 bites on my abdomen area. I got out of the shower and called the hotel to notify them of this problem. The lady there says that the manager will not be able to call me back until Monday (3 days after the report). Got a call on Monday from Gary, who says that they "tore" the bed and couch apart. seriously... you tear it apart? He says that he asked the person, their Premium client, who checked in on Sunday and checked out on Monday about bed bugs... and there was no problem. So I says that I have pictures to show the bed bug bites on my abdomen. He proceeded to say that it was not from their hotel and that I must have gotten it elsewhere. I asked him whether he's implying that I was lying about this... I travelled a lot and stayed at other hotels and never had any problems like this. This is my first time staying at the Marriott Courtyard and there are bed bugs!! He didn't even apologize for it or anything and acted as if I was lying and making up this whole story. So rude and irresponsible. Definitely will tell my company and my association to never stay there ever again. Just a note, there is a tag near the towels in the bathroom that states that they are trying to conserve water so if the towels are placed on the rack it means that it was only used once and they will not replace it, and if the towels are in the bath tub, it means you want new ones. So disgusting... I will never stay there or will ever do business with them.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank kadyhanh
SallyBrayton, Director of Sales at Courtyard Cypress Anaheim/Orange County, responded to this reviewResponded 20 April 2011

We want to apologize to you for your troubles here at the Courtyard Cypress and want to let you know that we have hired a professional exterminating company to inspect and confirm that we do not have bed bug infestation in this room or this hotel. We have left you a voice mail apologizing and asking that either you contact our GM or he will continue to attempt to contact you so that we can fully explore what may have happened and get to the bottom of this issue and make you happy.

Reviewed 9 April 2011

When I first checked in, I had a room that had a wet towel draped over the fire alarm system in the room. I asked for another room, and received a room on the same floor. The fire alarm went off in the early morning hours. I have stayed there one time before, and the fire alarms also went off then. When I took my shoes off in the room, a bunch of trail mix was stuck on the soles of my feet. The shower head was pointed to the middle of the room. When I turned on the shower, it ran all over the bathroom. when I checked out I received the receipt of another guest.

Room Tip: go someplace else
  • Stayed: March 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank AYNIL

We apologize for your difficulties at our hotel and regret the inconvenience that we caused you. If you would be so kind as to contact our hotel our General Manager would love to speak with you and see what we can do to make this right.

Reviewed 8 November 2010

The hotel was clean and the rooms are large. We had a king size bed that was comfortable and in good condition. The pool area is kept nicely. We used the conference room, which was nice and the hotel staff set everything up to our liking. Nice hotel that I would stay at anytime the opportunity came.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 1 July 2010

We stayed three nights at this location. Clean, comfy, wonderful staff. We had one issue but they fixed in asap. We would stay here again!!!

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 June 2010

Safe, clean, quiet, comfortable. Not very inviting lobby with outdated decor, wish they would renovate this part. Front desk staff is very helpful, maintenance less so. Asked if we could have a refrigerator in our room. Were told that only the King Suites have this feature but that maintenance could put one in our standard room anyway. We asked twice more since it took so long. When we got back four hours later they had given us the oldest mini fridge they could find, but at least it worked. I guess we're getting spoiled at the Fairfield Inns! Didn't try the breakfast since it's not included in the price. No frills business hotel, recommended if this is your purpose, otherwise avoid. Rooms have enough space for you, your luggage, a desk and the TV (which is not 32" in all rooms, contrary to what the front desk will tell you and what the Marriott Web site says).

The hotel offers complimentary shuttle service to destination within 5 miles of the property, but we didn't try it. Plenty of free parking though. Room delivery service from local restaurants.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Vincent V
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cypress
HYATT house Cypress/Anaheim
Hampton Inn Los Angeles / Orange County / Cypress
Extended Stay America - Orange County - Cypress
Ayres Hotel Seal Beach
Ayres Hotel Seal Beach
#2 of 3 in Seal Beach
Residence Inn Cypress Los Alamitos
Homewood Suites by Hilton Anaheim Resort – Convention Center

Been to Courtyard Cypress Anaheim/Orange County? Share your experiences!