“Worth every penny”

Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in Cypress
Phoenix, AZ
“Worth every penny”
Reviewed 2 September 2009

This a great hotel and worth every penny. My 12 year old daughter and I stayed at the hotel for the weekend. but on the second and last day of our stay, my daughter and I had some very bad luck. The water pump and timing belt to our car saw its last day. After our car was towed, I was told it could be repaired for $800 and completed in about 6-7 hours. I called the hotel and explained the situation. I told the hotel staff that my belongings were still inside the room, but my car would not be repaired until 6 p.m. The hotel was extremely understanding and said they would not charge me for the VERY late checkout. This may not be the fanciest hotel, but the staff is second to none.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled with family
SallyBrayton, Director of Sales at Courtyard Cypress Anaheim/Orange County, responded to this review, 4 September 2009
Thank you so much for taking the time to rite such a nice review in Trip Advisors.

I am so sorry to hear you had problems with your car. Such an awful way to end a great vacation.

Please let me know if you are coming back to visit. I would love to treat you and your daughter to breakfast.

Kindest Regards,

Sally Brayton

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
Yakima, WA
Reviewed 24 August 2009

I have stayed her before and I am very pleased that the management and staff continue to work hard to make this property even more pleasant and easy to stay.
They truly HAVE made the back entrance a lot nicer. Parking lot is well maintained; plenty of lighting and very attractive gardening.
Breakfast was pretty good and certainly convenient and a decent value. In fact, that describes the entire hotel -- it's not spectacular but it's a very dependable, enjoyable stay, especially for the fair price. Truly, what I like best about Courtyard.
Oh, and if you like Mexican food, try the El Torrito 150 ft. away -- Fantastic place.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled on business
1 Thank PacNWster
Thank you for your nice review in Trip Advisor. I am pleased you enjoyed your stay.

We do have a different landscaper and it is nice that you noticed the change.

Unfortunately most of the lighting in the back belongs to our neighbor, Office Max and we have no control over the timer so there are times the lights shut off too early!

Please let me know if you are visiting us again soon. I would like to treat you to breakfast!

Best Regards,

Sally Brayton
Director of Sales
Oregon
Reviewed 21 June 2009

My fiancé and i stayed at this hotel for 4 nights. We loved it! The staff was very helpful and friendly anytime we needed anything. The room was spotless and the bed was very comfortable. We had plenty of pillows and towels. The shower had strong water pressure, and the shower/bath combo seemed to be larger than it is in most hotels. The room was extremely quiet! We didn't even know we had neighbors until we saw them in the hall. The pool and hot tub were great. The pool was heated to a comfortable level. Out of the 3 nights we went down to the pool, there was only other people down there one time. We never used the fitness center, but it looked very nice as well. We put our do not disturb sign on the door the first few days because we had plenty of towels and didn't need anyone to come in and make our bed. The staff called us to make sure we didn't leave the sign on the door by accident and really didn't need anything. They never entered the room when we put the sign on the door, unlike other hotels we had stayed at prior to this. Our room had a couch and a large desk. It would have been nice to have a fridge in the room, especially because we brought some of our own food since we were staying for multiple days and didn't want to spend money on breakfast every day. My only complaint would be that the wireless internet didn't work in our room, probably because we were on the 7th floor and were probably too far away from the routers. They did provide an ethernet cable to use, which worked fine except it was very short so you had to sit at the desk and couldn't move around at all. We both had laptops with us and they only provided one cable, so obviously we couldn't both be online at the same time. A little annoying, but since we weren't there to spend a lot of time on the internet it wasn't a huge deal. Also, we didn't watch much TV there except for before bed, but if you are a person who spends a lot of time watching TV, don't expect to watch much. The channels were very limited. If you have kids, there were hardly any channels for them to watch, not even Nickelodeon!
I would definitely stay at this hotel again. Just make sure to bring a cooler with you if you plan on having any cold food in your room.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled as a couple
Joisey - the Corruption State
Reviewed 10 October 2008

Although I have never been "Wow'd" by the experience here, I have stayed here 3 times (5 nites), so I thought I should include it in my reviews. Bottom-line, is that this hotel delivers as almost every other Courtyard does, and the rates that I've received have been very competitive.
My company's HQ is in Long Beach, about 7 miles west of Cypress, CA and the Katella / Valley View intersection where this property is located. Not so far on the 405 or surface streets to rule out staying here when the full-service Marriott by LGB airport is $120/nite + internet more. Plus, the El Torrito's next door satisfies the craving for typical Tex-Mex, very nicely. Walgreen's and Von's nearby mean that as long as one has a car, inexpensive items are convenient.
Check-in and front-desk is competent and friendly. Housekeeping and room condition is way above average. Rooms are standard Courtyard (maybe, a tad bigger). Back entrance (by the Staples) is a bit grungy, but actually a very convenient parking option.
Access to Northern Orange County and DisneyLand isn't bad either . . . I will stay here again.

• Liked — Location, Courtyard-quality, price.
  • Disliked — Location - dreary area.
  • Stayed August 2008, travelled on business
2 Thank Marriott_Devotee
Richmond, Texas
Reviewed 23 September 2008

Real easy stay. No complications. The hotel was clean, no smell. The rooms were really nice. Beds were perfect... pillows easy to sleep on.. and we bothered the hell out of the front desk. One downside is they're not very knowledgeable about the local area. We asked a few people about local tapioca shops and some other touristy things... they had no clue. Overall it was an excellent stay. We weren't there as tourists... just to visit a family. It's situation between two freeways.. about 7 minutes in each direction.

• Liked — Beds
  • Disliked — Not knowledgeable front desk
  • Stayed May 2008, travelled on business
1 Thank shrooki
SallyBrayton, Manager at Courtyard Cypress Anaheim/Orange County, responded to this review, 19 March 2009
Thank you for taking the time to post your review. We work extremely hard to ensure that our guests enjoy their stay with us.

You may be pleased to know the back parking lot adjacent to us and owned and by our neighbors has now been "cleaned up".
Vienna, Austria
Reviewed 9 August 2008

Stayed at the Courtyard Cypress for 2 nights. We got a great AAA rate (USD 75,-!!!) because we had booked weeks in advance. The Hotel is in a nice, clean and safe area - mainly business but also some housing areas within a few minutes drive.
Nice lobby where you can have free coffee & tea and watch TV on a big plasma screen.
Our room was nice & simple with two beds, TV, A/C (which was quite loud though-the only negative side to our stay) and a bathroom with bathtub, shower & toilet. We were 4 people and had just enough space for us and our suitcases and other stuff.
Had breakfast at the Hotel once and can really recommend it - good choice of everything one can ask for! We all have different tastes and some like superhealthy stuff (ie fruits & oatmeal), others eggs & bacon etc. So there is a big choice available and the price is good too.
Didn't have time to use the pool but it looked nice, as well as the fitness center.
What's also great about the Hotel is the free internet - they have 2 computers (and a printer) in a separate room (one computer was broken though) you can use anytime you want by entering with your room key!
Staff was also very nice and fast at check-in, with using safety deposit boxes and upon check-out.
We wanted to come back to the Hotel again at the end of our vacation but could not get the AAA rate we had before, so we decided to stay somewhere else.
Summing up, we enjoyed our stay and I would recommend this Hotel if you need to stay in the Cypress area.

• Liked — price-performance ratio, safe & clean area
  • Disliked — loud A/C
  • Stayed July 2008, travelled on business
Fallbrook
Reviewed 22 July 2008

Courtyard Marriott Hotel in Cypress is the best place to stay. I'm a single lady and always feel safe and well taken care of. The staff is outstanding..the rooms clean and wonderful. It's 'home away from home' for me.

The restaurant serves breakfast and dinner and the food is delicious. I had an event catered there and everyone was so pleased we are going back next year!

Sharon Howard
Fallbrook, CA

• Stayed July 2008, travelled solo
    • Check-in / front desk
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cypress
HYATT house Cypress/Anaheim
Hampton Inn Los Angeles / Orange County / Cypress
Extended Stay America - Orange County - Cypress
Residence Inn Cypress Los Alamitos
Homewood Suites by Hilton Anaheim Resort – Convention Center
Ayres Hotel Seal Beach
Ayres Hotel Seal Beach
#2 of 3 in Seal Beach

Been to Courtyard Cypress Anaheim/Orange County? Share your experiences!