“Worst Hyatt House I have ever experienced”

HYATT house Cypress/Anaheim
Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in Cypress
Reviewed 6 August 2013

I was visiting a client when I drove by this Hyatt property and thought I would give them a try instead of the Courtyard Marriott in Buena Park where I was booked.

I asked if they had rooms available and they did. They wanted $133 a night for a non-suite room which for one night, I figured was OK.

When I went up to my room I was surprised that "Non-Suite" meant a very tiny room and a bed. No microwave, no fridge, no nothing. It did have a bulletin board on the wall. As a matter of fact, it reminded me of a college dorm room. Very small with ratty carpet and a ratty worn set of dresser drawers.

I was so disappointed with the room that I went back downstairs and handed the key back and said "thanks, but no thanks" and I explained why. I was surprised that they did not attempt to keep my Hyatt Diamond business by offering me a normal room, but then again, I'm glad.

I called the Courtyard around the corner and asked if they had any rooms and got the last King room for $107 AAA rate for the night. It was much better.

Hyatt should be embarrassed to have their name on this property.

Room Tip: Stay at the Courtyard Marriott around the corner. It's cheaper, nicer, and does not have ratty...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank The_Traveler_2013

Reviewed 26 June 2013

Pros: great location, minutes to most places in OC, like Huntington Beach, Disney, Little Saigon, etc. Fast and reliable Internet, everything is clean and well organized. Hot breakfast is definitely very popular and is very good food too. Cons: pool is a little small.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Son N
Reviewed 26 June 2013

We recently stayed here for 4 nights when we took our 2 kids to Disneyland. Check in was easy and friendly thanks to Yohanna (sorry if I spelled that wrong). She was helpful and very courteous. The hotel was clean and easily accessible, liked being able to park near the back to use an entrance closest to our room. The room was fine, we were able to get a room with a full kitchen which is great with kids. It was well appointed, spacious and comfortable. The bathroom was not great, my chief complaint about the room. And room service didn't pay any attention to the bathroom, either. Sound travels right through the walls and doors, so the kids had some trouble sleeping on the pull-out sofa in the living area due to really loud, rude guests in the hallway, good thing I had packed earplugs. Breakfast was very good overall, but whatever they use for the eggs needs to be addressed. They are gross and taste nothing like real eggs. Overall I really liked our stay here and would definitely recommend this to my friends or anyone traveling to Disneyland. It's very close by and easy to get to from here, only about 5 -10 miles.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Ruby B
Reviewed 25 June 2013 via mobile

I always enjoy staying at this hotel. Right next to several restaurants and easy to get to. Will shuttle you to and from Long Beach airport free of charge. Only complaint I have is the TV's both times I stayed have had poor reception. Great breakfast, nice rooms. Bathrooms are average.

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank Michael D
Reviewed 22 June 2013

The breakfast was great. There is a large variety of food: eggs, bacon, french toast, cereal, granola, bagels, etc. The walls in the room are a little thin. Next to me was a family with really whiney kids who wouldn't shut up. The parents couldn't control them. That is my only complaint. Besides that the hotel is clean, reasonably priced, and I would stay there again.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Sim B
Reviewed 1 June 2013

This hotel is an average hotel stay for a night stay or average tourist expense. The pool, staff, food, and room are of average quality. It is recommended for a stay without the luxury of a upper Hyatt hotel. So do not expect too much from this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
8  Thank Stephen S
Reviewed 25 May 2013

We chose this location because I really enjoy all the Hyatt locations. I was at first concerned of staying at this location because of the reviews that I read on this website. I thought we were staying at a run down hotel. However it was very clean and the room was comfortable. Yes the appliances in the kitchen requires updating but they have been rarely used. The bathroom could use an update but it was clean. The food is definitely great!!! Better than the food at Disneyland. There are many shops and restaurants around this hotel. The staff were very friendly. We were closer to Disneyland than I thought...It took us 10mins to drive to Disneyland. If we were to return to Disneyland in the future I would stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cypress
Hampton Inn Los Angeles / Orange County / Cypress
Courtyard Cypress Anaheim/Orange County
Hyatt House at Anaheim Resort/Convention Center
Hyatt Place at Anaheim Resort/Convention Center
Extended Stay America - Orange County - Cypress
Homewood Suites by Hilton Anaheim Resort – Convention Center

Been to HYATT house Cypress/Anaheim? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about HYATT house Cypress/Anaheim

Address: 5905 Corporate Ave, Cypress, CA 90630-4646 (Formerly Hyatt Summerfield Suites Cypress/Anaheim)
Region: United States > California > Orange County > Cypress
Bar / Lounge Business Centre with Internet Access Fitness Centre with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Kitchenette Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Room Service Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in Cypress
Price Range: £106 - £174 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:3 star — HYATT house Cypress/Anaheim 3*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Expedia, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your HYATT house Cypress/Anaheim reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Hyatt Summerfield Suites Cypress/Anaheim Hotel Cypress