“Clean and Modern, But Older Appliances”

HYATT house Cypress/Anaheim
Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in Cypress
Reviewed 1 November 2013

Our room was spacious and clean. The bed was comfortable and the bathroom was fairly large and clean. We didn't cook anything, but did notice that the stove was a bit old.

The breakfast was delicious: there were lots of food options! We had choices of different coffee, tea, and juice, plus hot food, baked goods, and fruit. Oddly they had three TVs playing different channels in the dining area though.

The only complaint I have was that the floor layout was a bit confusing; if you turned the wrong direction after the stairs or elevator, you had quite a long walk back to your room.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank singsinthecar

Reviewed 21 October 2013

Visited the Hyatt House during the Educause conference, and had an overall good stay.

I usually look forward to Hyatt stays, but a few things to note for staying here in the future:

1. Try to secure a room away from the breakfast area. Loud noise and food traffic got me up every morning
2. Be sure to check your new towels before using - I opened one post-shower to find it full of hair

Otherwise, the location was nice and I liked the nearby restaurants.

Room Tip: Request a room away from the Breakfast room
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 21 September 2013

Breakfast doesn't start until 6:30 a.m. and plenty of early risers wait anxiously for the buffet to be opened. Typically hotels in the area open breakfast at 6:00 a.m., so staying here is a serious disadvantage if you need to take the freeways. No problems with the food though, it is a very good buffet. The rooms are huge, with a large living room, kitchen, and dining area separated from the bedroom and bathroom. The property and rooms are very dated, but well-maintained. This is a good choice for an extended stay in the area, even better if you like to sleep in.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank hotspurs88
Reviewed 19 September 2013

I stayed at Hyatt House Cypress/Anaheim CA for business. The staff was welcoming and it was convenient to the location of my conference in Anaheim. My room had a kitchen and was comfortable and well furnished. The bed was comfortable and had nice linens. Some hotels offer breakfast but Hyatt House offered BREAKFAST. It was well done with lots of options. It was quiet. The breakfast room was also a restaurant open for dinner until 10 PM. For people on business, this is helpful at the end of a long work day. If you have an extended stay in Orange County, choose Hyatt House. You won't be disappointed.

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed 15 September 2013

The good: the king suite I stayed in on the 3rd floor corner in the back of the hotel was spacious and kept clean by a good housekeeping staff. It was quiet and I was not disturbed by other guests or staff. The furnishings inside the room were comfortable and not worn. The price was right, love the free wifi, parking and delicious breakfast. We had a really nice dinner in the bar (Harp on tap - nice!) with great service from a friendly bartender.

The bad: the first floor smells funny, like old hotel. The elevator also smelled like trash sometimes - this was taken care of by the front staff when I let them know. The pool is dinky, but appeared clean. Like the library, but the furniture appears old and worn throughout the hotel. A little updating is definitely in order, along with some touch-up paint and new carpet throughout.

The ugly: During my stay, a guest was moving out (?) and a moving truck was parked directly in front of the back door, blocking the exit to the parking lot completely. I had to tromp through the slippery, wet grass and mud to get to my car (carrying several bags of my own). Further, if there had been an emergency, they would have been blocking that emergency exit access. When I mentioned this to the front desk clerk, she told me that they "have to be there to move the other guest" and that "they won't be there all day" with total attitude. She said she'd mention it to her GM. This was a rude response, that I didn't appreciate it.

Recommend: Stay on the 3rd floor, in the back of the hotel. Visit the friendly bar. Don't expect the usual 5 star Hyatt accommodations. Overall a good place to stay for business or visiting OC.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank F R
Reviewed 10 September 2013

Stayed at Hyatt house Cypress/Anaheim for a week with family. The hotel is located in a business neighborhood, but it is close to highways and there are quite a few restaurants around. The room was spacious with a good size living room and a separate bedroom. The hotel is old and the interiors were little outdated but overall the rooms were clean. The breakfast buffet was decent. We traveled with our 2 year child, so we cooked meals for the day during our stay. The best part was house keeping cleaned the pats, pans and plates and kept it clean when we returned in the evening. Overall a very good place to stay if you are traveling with family.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank pminumu
Reviewed 3 September 2013

We booked this hotel through online hotel booking after reading most of the good reviews. we stayed at this hotel when it was something else about three or four years ago. Unfortunately they have not updated there carpet or there dinning area since then. The room had a really bad odor when the front desk told us this was the last one they had so we had to stay in it!!!
after being out with the kids came back around 9pm there was lots of loud noise coming from top of our room from stomping and running and jumping around continued until after 11 pm we called the front desk when they mentioned they would send someone to see what was going on and after about another 30 minutes I called back the front desk and they said that it was weird because they didn't hear any thing when they went up stairs I went upstairs to see when I heard a loud noise coming from there was a loud TV and kids running around, but I didn't want to nock because I was not in the position So we went to sleep around 2Am after hearing the second episode of sex in you know what. So I asked the front desk if they were staying for the night again when they said they were staying for two weeks!!! So I asked to transfer us to a different room witch they did and they offered to move our stuff to the new room. So when we came back around 7:30 pm the room was damp and the air conditioning was not working. at night the fan was load and was very hot. this hotel not worth the money. we would never stay at this hotel ever even if it was free. Oh the double beds were very small for two adults and two kids and the swimming pool was cloudy and dirty. And there was sand in the bottom of the Jacuzzi.

Room Tip: None or a different hotel other than this one. stay far away.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank shabanh_13
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cypress
Hampton Inn Los Angeles / Orange County / Cypress
#2 of 19 in Buena Park
Ayres Hotel Seal Beach
Ayres Hotel Seal Beach
#2 of 3 in Seal Beach

Been to HYATT house Cypress/Anaheim? Share your experiences!