“Great value”

HYATT house Cypress/Anaheim
Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in Cypress
Reviewed 13 May 2014

We just spent 2 nites here. We found the hotel a great value. The room a superior king room, clean and well furnished. The hotel staff was very accomodating. We took advantage of the free shuttle to take us to and from a close by event.
Breakfast included hot items (eggs, sausage, etc), some asian offferings, toast, etc, fruit, yogurt, coffee and juices.
The property has a pool. We recommend the Hyatt House for value and convenience.

Room Tip: The superior kings are actually 2 rooms with living area with sofa/bed, etc and has a small kitchen...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 15 April 2014

We stayed here for 1 night only and arrived really late with the kids after a long day at Disneyland (after midnight), but the lady in front desk was kind enough to allow us a late check out the next morning and so we enjoyed the great breakfast buffet they offered, (do I have to mention it's complementary, taste great, there's something for everyone and it saved us time and money) and even had time for a quick dip in the pool with the kids before checking out. To the front staff, thanks for the extra hour, this is what I call good customer service!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Marie R
Reviewed 15 April 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for 1 night only and arrived really late with the kids after a long day at Disneyland (to be exact after midnight), but the lady in front desk was kind enough to allow us a late check out the next morning and so we enjoyed the great breakfast buffet they offered, (do I have to mention it's complementary, taste great, there's something for everyone and it saved us time and money) and even had time for a quick dip in the pool with the kids before checking out. To the front staff, thanks for the extra hour, this is what I call good customer service!

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Maria EVA R
Reviewed 26 March 2014

The Hyatt House Cypress/Anaheim is a converted Summerfield Suites Hotel. Compared to the only other Hyatt House that I have been to (in Scottsdale) this is actually a hotel, rather than a motel set-up.

The hotel is on the smaller side, and upon entering the hotel the lobby feels very small and cramped. While at the front desk, merely turning around gets you to the elevator doors.

Check-in was quick and efficient. The front desk agent was friendly and cheerful, and clearly explained all Diamond benefits including the welcome amenity, of which I took the extra 500 bonus points, and the breakfast hours.

I was given a room overlooking the courtyard, which I didn’t think was all that great when I first entered the room as I could hear kids screaming down by the pool. Thankfully this didn’t last too long.

Upon entering the room, the space is open yet welcoming.

To the right is a sofa, chair and table with flat screen TV.

Straight ahead is a kitchenette of sorts with a coffee maker, microwave and small refrigerator. There are plates and dishes for four people.

There is a small dining room table that would have to double as a desk if on a work trip.

One of the lamps had a burnt out light bulb, so the room was rather dark. Even if working, the entire room was rather dimly lit.

There is a set of double doors that separates the living room from the bedroom which is a great feature for privacy and noise issues.

The bedroom is fairly spacious, although it does feel a bit cramped on the side next to the balcony. The bed is comfortable, what you would expect at a Hyatt property.

The sink is separated from the rest of the bathroom and offers very little counter space.

The bathroom itself is somewhat small with a large shower/tub combo, but little room to maneuver otherwise.

There is a balcony that runs along the entire length of the room which can be accessed by either the bedroom or living room. There are two tables, a chair and an ottoman. The courtyard overlooks the small swimming pool.

The air conditioning in the room is not that strong which left the room somewhat stuffy throughout the stay.

Breakfast and wifi are complimentary at all Hyatt House properties. The wifi was fairly quick and reliable.

Breakfast is a madhouse. The breakfast room is rather small with very limited seating. There must have been 75 people when I went down there. There was nowhere to sit and many guests were taking their breakfast back to their room.

Food also ran out quickly but was replaced promptly. There were scrambled eggs, sausage, pancakes, congee, fruit, yogurt, cereal, bread, muffins and oatmeal.

Every employee I encountered was friendly. I would definitely stay here again if the need arose. There are many restaurant options in the near vicinity, some of which are within a few minutes walk.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 23 March 2014

No aaa discount or senior discount couldn't even apply my company code.not happy.i stayed at the San Diego Hyatt house and the gave me a free up grade do to over booking,so it was very shocking to not get my Entitled discount..best of luck to u and I haven't even got there yet.they messed up my res. 3 times failed to apply my gold member number to earn points .waited on hold for over5 times in 30 min.fixing bed size and adding more guests to my presidential sweet..omg

Room Tip: Presidential sweet is the way to go!!!
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 February 2014

We stayed at the Hyatt House Cypress/Anaheim in early Feb 2014 for an AYSO soccer tournament. Our entire team stayed there and everyone agreed that it was a fantastic value and our stay exceed our expectations, especially when you consider the price we paid for the huge, well appointed rooms.

I had called prior to our check-in to make sure it was OK for us to have a team 'party' in the courtyard, since the girls were going to want to swim all afternoon. Everything wen't perfect and everyone had a great time. They accommodated us any way they could.

This property is ideal for any family and we look forward staying there any time we find ourselves over-nighting in the area again.

Quick points:
The staff was very courteous and quick during our early check-in.
The room was clean and extremely well appointed.
Parking was adequate and the property was fenced on 3 sides.
The morning breakfast was very complete and exceeded reasonable expectations.
Our King Suite was amazing.

Room Tip: You might want extra pillows and blankets for the sofa bed. We were fine with the simple blanket and...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank GunninGopher
Reviewed 28 January 2014

I always consider location when reviewing hotels and compare to others in the area in regards to price and amenities. Therefore, The Hyatt House Cypress/Anaheim is a good choice considering the other hotels around Disneyland and the Convention center. Here's the good...
Compared to other hotels in the area, this hotel would be considered very affordable for the star level. It was about 15 minutes from both Disneyland and the Convention center and had a FedEx Office directly across the street (perfect for business) and very convenient. Also, Chili's right next door too! The room was clean and bed was comfortable. However, a little out-dated. I had a kitchen suite (which wasn't really necessary for me) But I could see it a real plus for families with kids. Now the not-so-good...... My room did kind of smell a little (like dirty feet). The carpet was a worn and old. But housekeeping did do their best to make it as clean as possible. The microwave was from 1983 but it still worked so who cares! Bathroom was good, shower clean and modern and everything else was acceptable. Therefore, considering everything, I would definitely recommend this hotel and will plan to stay again next year. Also, the Breakfast spread was awesome and hotel staff polite with great customer service. The internet was pretty good too with no slow speeds. It clipped along pretty good! I give this hotel 4 1/2 stars

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Traveler837457
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cypress
Hampton Inn Los Angeles / Orange County / Cypress
Courtyard Cypress Anaheim/Orange County
Hyatt House at Anaheim Resort/Convention Center
Hyatt Place at Anaheim Resort/Convention Center
Extended Stay America - Orange County - Cypress
Wyndham Anaheim Garden Grove
Wyndham Anaheim Garden Grove
#1 of 19 in Garden Grove

Been to HYATT house Cypress/Anaheim? Share your experiences!