“Large Comfortable rooms”

HYATT house Cypress/Anaheim
Ranked #3 of 8 Hotels in Cypress
Reviewed 10 August 2014

In the height of summer there was alot of noise in the halls and pool. So I was very happy that once in the room, I did not hear the noise or the VERY LOUD party 2 doors down. The room was large and clean. I was sharing with another person for a conference and we each had our own TV's. The bed was very comfortable. The only issue with the room was that it had an automatic sensored light and the light would go on in the middle of the night disturbing my roomate who was sleeping on the pull out bed. Breakfast is included with your stay with hot & cold options. Late check out is only 1pm. when we are used to a later checkout when at other hotels for conferences. But there are alot of great dining options with in walking distance for lunches and dinners.

Room Tip: The rooms have balconies or patios. the ones overlooking the courtyard are nice to sit on. Especiall...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends

Reviewed 6 August 2014

The hotel is not new (elevators look and feel really dated) but the rooms are big.
We stayed as a family of four for 4 nights. The kitchen was well stocked and the sofa bed was great for the kids to sleep. Breakfast is great and had varied options every day.
There are plenty of eating options within walking distance and a Ralph's super market is a 10 minute drive.
Housekeeping was efficient and the laundry though generally quite busy in the evenings was handy as we had been away from home for 10 days already.
Taxi costs $25- $30 from here to Disney if you do not have your own car.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 July 2014

As I walked through the hotel to reach my room, I was taken back by the lack of cleanliness in this Hyatt branded hotel. The carpets were heavily stained. The elevators were banged up and also dirty, with the brass bar in both elevators looking like they had not ever been polished. Not sure about the carpet in my room as it was so dark, one wouldn't be able to notice staining. While the room seemed clean,the refrigerator buzzed; the kitchen was dated and I had to look for a waste basket throughout the entire suite before finding one under the kitchen sink. After being so appalled by the lack of cleanliness in the common areas, there was no way I was eating a meal in this hotel. This was a very uncomfortable stay; never again.

Room Tip: I had a room at the back of the hotel on the top floor and it was very quiet.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Great2TravelCA
Reviewed 29 June 2014

Booked 4 nights but left after 2 days. We have stayed at several Hyatt properties in the past, and were expecting similar levels of luxury and convenience.
Our room had dated kitchen equipment, a stale odour, and a hopelessly outdated look and feel to it. We had a 2 room suite. The biggest disappointment was the filthy bath tub, shower curtains and mouldy smell. The toilet would not flush properly and backed up the tissue paper. I complained to the front desk clerk, who arranged to give us a different room.
The second room was certainly an improvement. However, once again we had a malfunctioning toilet, peeling paint in the bathroom and a filthy shower curtain. The towels and linen were all badly stained. A closer inspection of the bathroom revealed some disgusting remnants of previous guests. I called the front desk again, and requested to cut short my trip, and move out.
Although the entire hotel staff was courteous and friendly, no effort was made to remedy the situation. I even asked the first desk clerk if the manager was aware of our situation. She assured me that the manager was told of my complaints.
There are several far superior hotels in the vicinity. This outdated hotel is not deserving of the Hyatt name. That is why I titled this review "Hyatt???". You have to be kidding. This property is not shy about charging Hyatt prices either.

Room Tip: Look elsewhere.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank JPS183462
Reviewed 14 May 2014

This is a ok place. The pictures are much nicer than reality. We had 2 rooms. The first was clean and comfortable. The 2nd smelled of old fruit. I ran the disposal and something was there so by the next day the old fruit smell was almost gone. The carpet is vacuumed but I would not call it clean. The bed was comfortable and the couch was also. Again, it was ok but I will look for other options next time. The area near the hotel is nice with several good eating places. Dominic's is just down the street and should not be missed.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank carcpatraveler
Reviewed 13 May 2014

We just spent 2 nites here. We found the hotel a great value. The room a superior king room, clean and well furnished. The hotel staff was very accomodating. We took advantage of the free shuttle to take us to and from a close by event.
Breakfast included hot items (eggs, sausage, etc), some asian offferings, toast, etc, fruit, yogurt, coffee and juices.
The property has a pool. We recommend the Hyatt House for value and convenience.

Room Tip: The superior kings are actually 2 rooms with living area with sofa/bed, etc and has a small kitchen...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 April 2014

We stayed here for 1 night only and arrived really late with the kids after a long day at Disneyland (after midnight), but the lady in front desk was kind enough to allow us a late check out the next morning and so we enjoyed the great breakfast buffet they offered, (do I have to mention it's complementary, taste great, there's something for everyone and it saved us time and money) and even had time for a quick dip in the pool with the kids before checking out. To the front staff, thanks for the extra hour, this is what I call good customer service!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Marie R
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cypress
Hampton Inn Los Angeles / Orange County / Cypress
#2 of 3 in Seal Beach
Knott's Berry Farm Hotel
Knott's Berry Farm Hotel
#2 of 19 in Buena Park

Been to HYATT house Cypress/Anaheim? Share your experiences!