“Not Weatherproof”

Paris, France
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Not Weatherproof”
Reviewed 26 October 2012

We reserved a ride two days before the date (it's not possible to do it before then).

We made our way from Palo Alto in order to be there at 8 am a Monday morning (~45 minutes in heavy traffic). When we arrived we were not greeted by anyone.

The wranglers were hanging around in the stables; they took us to the house where our guide, a young woman in her early twenties, was apparently not fully awake yet. She was surprised to see us because it had been raining during the night and she thought we wouldn't come!

We started filling in paperwork when a guy arrived from inside the house, telling us that the ride would not happen, because of the rain the previous night (they "needed to check the trails" and the girl "might catch a cold").

When we asked why they didn't call, the guy said, in an aggressive tone "well, would you have wanted me to call you at 1 am when it started raining?" Yes, dude, that's why we have voicemail.

Anyway, this is incomprehensible; I have taken rides in many parts of the world, under all kinds of weather. Besides, this was supposed to take place on the beach, which has water, rain or shine!

Other than that the installations don't look good or well maintained and the horses don't look happy or too well fed. Avoid if possible.

Visited October 2012
5 Thank therealbambax

Daly City, California
“cute, went for pony rides”
Reviewed 20 October 2012

We called ahead to ask if the pony rides were available and they said yes. We showed up and they didn't have the ponies out and were painting the corral and wouldn't be having pony rides today. The lady then rode off with a group of adults on the beach. My 3 year old daughter was devastated. Once she started crying, the guys painting the fence sighed, stopped painting and went and got a pony and hooked it up. She was SO happy and appreciative of the "cowboys." It was a $10/10 minute ride, I gave them a $20 for their efforts to make a little girl happy. It really meant a lot to us that they made it work out.
(The minus one star is because they "front of the house folks" who seemed not to care they gave me bad info.

Visited August 2012
Reno, Nevada
40 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 48 helpful votes
“Beautiful Setting”
Reviewed 21 August 2012

We arrived on a Saturday morning and were the last two riders on a full contingent, about 20 in total with 4 wranglers. The staff was helpful and friendly and kept a close eye on us. The scenery was very beautiful and the horses knew what they were doing. It cost $40/person for about 1 1/2 hour ride. I would highly recommend this experience.

Visited August 2012
1 Thank Kevin M
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Unprepared non English speaking experience”
Reviewed 16 July 2012

The views are 5/5, but our tour guide could only smile and could not speak any English at all. Fr being beginners there was no preparation once we got on the horses, the staff is not very friendly and doesn't make you feel all that welcome. I went on a trail ride in TX that was a blast we were able to talk to our friends and my horse not its fault seeing as you literally borderline slide down the side of a mountain wanted to stay back from my aunts horse. I would not recommend this place to anyone, maybe if our tour guide would have been English speaking and told us what to expect or about the area it might be different, but all he said was at the end with a smile... Get off. Thankfully the previous trail riding place had explained how to do that. Not worth the money. Oh and as your getting ready to take off on your ride they say, tip your guide at the end, very rude. Horses don't look very well taken care for, many of the horses were laying down in an outdoor stable, very muddy and dirty, not sure if they were healthy. Poor experience. Amazing view, but you had to hold on for dear life until we got to he bottom.

Visited July 2012
1 Thank TravelPicuRN2012
Western Ireland, Ireland
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“The ride that never happened.”
Reviewed 5 June 2012

I had called the previous day and arranged to go horseback riding the next morning. I was told that the stables opened at 8-30. I made my way from downtown San Francisco to the stables and arrived at 9-00. I was told on arrival that there was a group going out at 10 and would I mind waiting. I said that this was ok so I went for coffee at the nearest gas station to kill time. I arrived back at 9-40 and hung around. I waited about until 10-20 and there was no sign of any group. Nobody approached me to say if the group cancelled. I talked to one guy and said that I was there to go horseback riding and he just told me to hang around. I got fed up hanging about feeling ignored so I headed back to San Francisco. If this stables continues to ignore customers like this then they will not be around much longer!

Visited May 2012