“Daly City Dump” 1 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in Daly City
Chicago, Illinois
“Daly City Dump”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 September 2008

We saw a nice photo of this on their web site. Looks are deceiving. Booked on Orbitz. The service was awful. I'm guessing the clerk at check-in is part of the family that owns it. She kept going in the back room and talking to someone asking questions about rooms. She moved like a snail...changed my room 3 times because none of the rooms were clean and it was after 4 when I checked in with reservations. I asked if the internet connection was wireless she said "oh...you want internet?" Another room change and 5 minutes of my life. The room was not very clean, the bathroom was aweful. My pet peeve---a long black hair on the top of the toilet tank ( I have red hair). The gag relex went into action. The floor in the bathroom was gross. I didn't take my shoes off anywhere in the room. The blanket was thin and the bed uncomfortable. The complimentary breakfast was a joke. Vending machine danish and snack cereal bars. I stayed in San Rafael the next night at the Four Seasons Hotel for the same money (Hotwire) and was treated like a queen--with impeccably clean, comfortable rooms and service. This hotel BridgePoint Inn Daly City is a dump. Don't waste your money.

Stayed September 2008
1 Thank globalreach23

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
sonora, ca
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 November 2007

Yikes is right! The room was gross. It smelled like human sweat. From my motel I was able to take public trans. to China Town, which was what I was looking for. There was this little roadhouse bar across the street that was opened in the 1800s, called: 7-mile House; a great place with the best fried oysters and calamari, and not to forget good company and beer!

• Liked — The bar across the street.
  • Disliked — The stink
  • Stayed October 2007, travelled with friends
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
bridgpointinn, General Manager at BridgePoint Inn, responded to this review, 17 November 2007
With respect to the guest that wrote this review as the General Manager of this property I have to respond.
I can assure you this guest is exagerating the room smelling "gross" If for any reason you as a guest check into you room and are not satisfied with the accommodations we strongly advise you to please inform the Front Desk. We do not and can not know that you are unhappy unless it is communicated to us directly. Should this guest have contacted our Front Desk our protocall would have been to move them immediatley to different room. I can not stress enough the importance of communication from the guest. Please keep in mind that sometimes guests request smoking rooms and I will be frank that smoking rooms will smell like tobacco smoke, they are smoked in day in and day out. We do try our best to air out the rooms on a daily basis and spray the rooms down with a room deoderizer however the odor of tobacco smoke can not be removed easily. Perhaps this guest had a smoking room. I'm not too sure but again I do know that we ensure every effort to maintain our property. We take pride in out property and we do hope this comment will not give you the wrong impression of us.

Travellers are raving about these Daly City hotels

Seattle
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 October 2007

The Bridge Point Inn was in one of the seediest neighborhoods I ever been in around SF. The hotel looks nice as you drive up. It is industrial area that looks dirty and littered the building looked out of place in those surroundings. There were security cameras all over the property. The staff was prompt, not friendly, but not unfriendly, just all business. They are doing some refurbishing. From the looks of what has been done it must have needed it and the work is helping. Everything that this hotel is made it feel small, driving in, the parking lot is small, the lobby was also small. The rooms were on the small side but had a lot of furnishings shoehorned into them adding to that smallness. The room was clean and smelled a little sterile except for the bathtub. There was a nasty ring of mildew around the edge of the tub that got a quick call to the office for an instant remedy. Someone came to clean it. They did a good job, best of all it wasn’t moving any more. Most everything in the room was new, carpet, paint furniture and the like. The furniture was from Tacky-shabby-cheap.com. The air conditioner was really noisy but blew up a gale. The toilet and bath were in a separate room, which was almost too small to turn around in. The bath linens were the thinnest I have ever seen. The beds were firm, however the rest of the family didn’t like them. We had noisy neighbors that office staff had no luck in quieting down. You are a distance from downtown but it was a mile or so to the freeway. Considering the rate I guess it was an ok stay. They are trying hard to make it a nice place, but they picked the wrong area to do it. Next time I will stay by the airport, or just not be a cheapskate and stay in town.

• Liked — It was cheap
  • Disliked — Everything else
  • Stayed August 2007, travelled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
As the General Manager of BridgePoint Inn I need to take a minute to address this recent guests comments.
This guest seems to have a main focus on how small our property is. Unfortunatley yes we are a small 35 unit motel and we were built in 1994 to Daly City standards. The City would not allow us to build a bigger parking lot nor bigger rooms or lobby. I do feel that our parking lot & lobby being small does not interfer with our customer service and our ability to service our guests accordingly. Are rooms are standard size and comfortable.
As for the location. We are located in Daly City just actually a mile away from the San Francisco border. We do advise guests, should they ask that we are indeed located just outside of a major city therefore the area is very populated, a little noisy & very busy. If a guest calls and tells us they are looking for a quiet property with a view I will inform them we are not the property for them. We will never mislead or misinform a guest. Instead I'll be upfront and let you know we do not have any views of the ocean or hillside and we are not a full service property. Truth of the matter is we are on a main street in a small industrial area of the city. This in no way means we are in a "bad" neighborhood. We try our best to go above and beyond the expectations of a small property but we have limitations to what we can change and renovate. We are in the middle of doing many upgrades to our guest rooms, lobby and breakfast room. These renovations will continue to take place well into 2008. We listen to our guests suggestions and concerns and welcome them. Please be fair when writting your comments. We will try everything in our power to make sure we listen and correct any issues.
Hollister
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2007

We were planing to go to AT&T Park for a Giants game and wanted to stay within walking distance to the park but being that Barry Bonds was about to tie Hank Aaron's record...there was nothing under $200/night. So after looking for something fairly close, I noticed that this hotel was within walking distance to the SF Muni T-Line which stops right in front of the park AND the rate was $80/night for a queen N/S room. GREAT DEAL! The only trade off is the location..address is Daily City but more in the Brisbane area. Not the greatest place in that city but we actually felt safe. Formally, a Day's Inn, the hotel was under new ownership and was undergoing renovation but all the rooms were very clean...we had 3 other families staying in other rooms. The single queen bed was quite small but had a table and 2 chairs to sit...other than the bed. The (2) queen bed room was VERY spacious and only $10 more a night plus a view of Monster Park...home of the 49ers. We could have used more towels but being only one night, didn't worry. Pillows were small (1 each) but the bed was comfy. I'm very picky about carpets but they were very clean...can always tell by your socks!! Management let us check in before the 3 o'clock check in...which was a plus as we arrived at noon. There is fast food down the street and a Cit-go Gas Station right on the corner. We even took a chance and walked across the street to the 7 Mile House Sports Bar. Looks shady on the outside but inside, it had an island theme, very clean and the people were very nice. Live music on the weekends with a "Frank Sinatra" flair. They also serve traditional 'bar flair' food. All in all, it was a good experience. Don't let the area fool you...SF is definitely worse in similar places off the main drag! BTW- The trip on the Muni line took about 45 minutes to get to the park so if you choose to use this as means into SF...LEAVE EARLY. The schedule is on the website but most trains run every 12 minutes from the platform.

• Liked — Price...great value with cleanliness.
  • Disliked — Location...not much to do but sit in the room.
  • Stayed July 2007, travelled as a couple
Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2007

I have to say we were very please with our recent stay at BridgePoint Inn. It was clean and pleasant. The front desk did a wonderful job in helping us get around the city as this was our first time visitng San Francisco and we had some concerns with getting lost. But they did a wonderful job with direstions and reccommendations. The rooms were very clean and comfortable. They just did some renovations (carpet, new vanitys and paint) it complimented the rooms very well. I was beyond satisfied and even though I paid a little more than I wanted I do feel that it was well worth it. Concidering parking was free and we were able to hop on the muni a block away also helped with our budget. We'll be back next year and I give it a A++ rating.

• Liked — Went above and beyond our expectations
  • Stayed June 2007, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 October 2005

This property was very close to the Cow Palace and Monster Park. My family and I always stay there when we go to football games. It is the cleanest and nicest place on that street. I would highly reccommend this property as they have a very friendly front desk, clean rooms and I believe it is a fair price for the service we received. The front desk went above and beyond to print out directions for my family and I. We'll be back next month for the game at Monster.

• Stayed October 2005
2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
A TripAdvisor Member
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 October 2004

We stayed at the Geneva Ave. Days Inn for one night on Sept. 18, 2004. The room itself was fine. It was the area around the hotel that I didn't care much for. We weren't familiar with the area, and had trouble finding somewhere to eat dinner. The only restaurants nearby were McDonalds, a KFC/Taco Bell combo and a couple of tiny local places. We gave up and ate McDonalds in our room. We ended up just staying in our room the rest of the night for a few reasons. We weren't particularly comforable with the area the hotel was in. There was a median in the street which made driving in and out a bit difficult. Lastly, there is exactly ONE parking space per room..we were a bit nervous about not having a parking space if we were to come back late. In the morning, the Continental Breakfast was skimpy. Packaged danishes (not well-stocked), coffee, and juice. Despite my complaints, the Days Inn did provide a comfortable night's stay for a reasonable price.

• Stayed September 2004
#2 of 6 in Daly City
Hampton Inn San Francisco - Daly City
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel San Francisco Airport North
Hilton Garden Inn San Francisco Airport North
Hilton Garden Inn San Francisco ...
#1 of 28 in South San Francisco
Homewood Suites by Hilton San Francisco Airport-North
Ramada Limited San Francisco Airport North
Ramada Limited San Francisco Air...
#6 of 28 in South San Francisco

Been to BridgePoint Inn? Share your experiences!