“Standard chain style Mexican.” 3 of 5 bubbles

Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Child-friendly, Cheap Eats
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Hickey Blvd.
Transit: Samtrans Route 133 will drop you off right in front of the restaurant at the corner of Hickey and Gellert Blvd.
San Mateo, CA
“Standard chain style Mexican.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 November 2013

We had a morning and afternoon meeting each about a half a mile on either side of Celia's about two hours apart. Rather than go home and back we decided to try Celia's for lunch.

We have eaten at the Celia's in San Mateo (near home) several times with good results. Lunch at The Daly City location was good but nothing special. We had enchiladas with rice and beans, chips and salsa and cold beer. Filling and reasonable. The chips were just OK and the salsa was a bit watery and mild but the food was tasty. I think dinner may be a better option at this location.

• Visited November 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

San Francisco, California
“Margaritas are a Go”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 October 2013

First of all, the mexican food was very meh. I have had much better food at similar chain mexican restaurants back east. The chimichangas I had were soggy and neither mine nor my husbands food had much flavor to it. The service was friendly and might be a nice choice as a family restaurant. The portions are really enough for two people and pricing isn't bad.

I would however, go back here for appetizers and margaritas. Definitely the margaritas. Lots of flavors, and nice portions of tequila.

Visited August 2013
Chandler, AZ
“VERY GOOD MEXICAN RESTAURANT !!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2013

My wife and I visited Celia's on the first night of our vacation. The food was excellent, great menu to choose from, the margs were terrific. Most of all the wait staff was excellent - very friendly, gave us some excellent suggestions for dinner as well as places to go in the area. We would definitely go there again when we are in the area.

• Visited June 2013
Honolulu, Hawaii
“Great Mexican for a chain”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2013

I ate at Celia's three times (twice in Daly City and once in Sacramento). For a chain, their food is very, very good. From nachos to enchiladas to tacos, and everything else, great food. This place is so much better than the chain that used to own the building. And their happy hour specials are excellent. Street tacos for a buck apiece! I'll go back when in the Bay Area.

• Visited May 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
San Francisco, California
“Couldn't even park...”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 May 2013 via mobile

Don't let me judge this place by the food...I couldn't even park! I didn't realize 5:30 was a bad time to go during the week, but now I know. I circled the lot twice, which is shared by a few other restaurants. Too many very hungry and crazed drivers for me personally. I skipped it. Not really my scene.

Visited May 2013