“Don't miss this adventure”

Dana Wharf Whale Watching & Sportfishing
US$750.00*
Sportfishing Private Charter in Dana Point
Ranked #2 of 19 Tours in Dana Point
More attraction details
Owner description: Whale Watching Adventures, Charters , Fishing and more from Dana Point
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Activities for older children, Activities for young children, Food available for purchase
Colorado Springs, Colorado
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Don't miss this adventure”
Reviewed 10 July 2014

I went on this whale watch last Sept. It was so fantastic (saw Blue Whales, Fin Whales and dolphins) that I took relatives on it this May. Once again, we saw lots of dolphins, who surfed with the boat and the first sighting for the season of a Blue Whale and its 35-foot long baby. Quite exciting. l would recommend this to anyone, who enjoys wildlife, and doesn't get seasick. It can be quite choppy. Take layers of clothes, because it can be 15 degrees colder on the water. I think the 2-4 pm time is the best. The pilot finds the whales on the earlier whale trip. No meal is interrupted on the 2-4 pm slot. It can be colder, and the sun is lower on the 4-6 slot.

Visited May 2014
DanaWharf, Manager at Dana Wharf Whale Watching & Sportfishing, responded to this review, 11 July 2014
Thank you for your wonderful review. How exciting to see two different types of whales and dolphin on your trip. We would like to thank you for being a loyal customer to Dana Wharf.

East Fishkill, New York
62 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 226 helpful votes
“Pretty Disappointing”
Reviewed 8 July 2014

If our excursion was all about Dolphin Watching, our cruise was an unqualified success. We were treated to an especially large number of dolphins, estimated to number about 1600. They were quite entertaining -- at first. Then it was just repetitive. Once the dolphins were spotted it seemed as if the search for blue whales was abandoned, and the boat just ran in a large circle within the harbor. I agree with another reviewer who suggested a better name for this cruise would be Dana Wharf Dolphin Watching. And of course, by spotting dolphins, their guarantee is fulfilled, and no credit for sighting an actual whale need be given. We went on Half-Price Tuesdays, which for 6 people was still pretty darn expensive given that no whales were seen, or even really pursued.

Visited July 2014
DanaWharf, Manager at Dana Wharf Whale Watching & Sportfishing, responded to this review, 12 July 2014
Thank you for your review. So wonderful to hear you saw an abundant amount of dolphin. They are quite amazing! We are sorry we were not able to find you a whale. It is nature and sometimes they are just not around for the showing. We hope you will come again and visit us at Dana Wharf.
Nuremberg, Germany
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Just call the trip "Dolphin Cruise with chance of whale sights"”
Reviewed 22 June 2014

We did the evening trip beginning of June. The trip was great, the crew and the boat were attentive and the captain tried everything to spot whales. Although we did not see any whales we saw a huge pot of dolphins joining the boat as well as sea lions. Just a suggestion for the owners, call the trip "Dolphin Cruise" with a chance on whale sights. Will change the expectations. Would recommend the trip.

Visited June 2014
1 Thank DE_Christian
Thank you so much for your review. We are thrilled that you were able to see a giant pod of dolphin. Hopefully you will come again and we can also find you a whale. Thank you again for your review.
Austin, Texas
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 38 helpful votes
“A must if you are in the area.”
Reviewed 17 June 2014

I am a repeat customer. This is the best! Very relaxed crew. The day was perfect. I have seen whales on each trip. The dolphins are amazing. There were hundreds of them! The tables at the top are the best place to sit. I will do this trip every time I visit in the area.

Visited May 2014
Thank you for your wonderful review and also thank you for being such a great loyal customer to Dana Wharf. We can't wait to have you back again soon.
Laguna Niguel, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Dont buy Gift Cards/Gift Certificates”
Reviewed 17 June 2014

I was told that a gift certificate I had as a promotional deal would still be good as long as it was not torn.... and then I also was given gift cards towards anything related to the Sports Fishing and when I arrived this morning I was told that the certificate was not valid and that the gift cards were only good towards certain trips and when i called in earlier I was told that they were as good as cash....

On a side note I tried to plan this fishing trip on my only day off for the week... and was majorly disappointed.....

Visited June 2014
3 Thank cmblassingame
Thank you for your review. We are very sorry to hear about your unfortunate situation regarding gift cards/ gift certificates. We will work to remedy this issue. Please feel free to contact us for any questions. Thank you