“Yuck”

Ranked #12 of 12 Hotels in Dana Point
Las Vegas, Nevada
“Yuck”
Reviewed 19 July 2013

Was in a jam for a room and should have wondered why I got so lucky. 1st room smelled very bad and so we got moved to another, which smelled just a little less. The location is within walking distance to Doheny Beach. I did worry about security as the doors all open out to the parking lot and there isn't always the most trustworthy people walking around the area. We used the AC to block out the street noise.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else!
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank rex89134

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Coventry, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 July 2013

Good location for beach and harbour.ok accommodation for short break.comp breakfast ok to start the day not substantial.housekeeping good.we had lower floor room big mistake extremely noisy people upstairs.front desk staff pleasant.

Room Tip: Ask for upper floor as you can hear every footstep as we did
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank coventryWestMidlands
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 9 July 2013

Nothing more to say. Stay away.
I researched this hotel and found that on Tripadvisers the review was that their pool was closed due to violations with the health department. So, before I made the reservation, I called and was told that the pool was open.
When we arrived, we found that the pool had been closed for day. They said that they were "painting" the pool. This was a lie, there was no evidence of "painting." We left and were not refunded out money.
We paid for a hotel with a pool, and didn't get a pool. Scum.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank Charles J
Romeo, Michigan
Reviewed 21 June 2013

This Motel is in a great spot for finding. We stayed for three nights. The sheets were never changed! There was a card telling you how they are trying to save the planet by using less water and soap. I asked the girl at the desk to please have the sheets changed after 2 nights. The maid did not do it , even after I left a tip to in courage her. After all the word TIP means "To Insure Prompt Service. I guess if you want clean beds in California you better pay $200 or more per night!

Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank John42652
Boron, California
Reviewed 27 May 2013

If your looking for fancy, it's not the place. I was extremely happy with the location. It was perfect for all my activities I had planned. We went whale watching and paddle boarding. Both of those activities where close to the hotel. The beach is within walking distance. You have several choices to choose from within walking distance. Everything worked out well.

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank Barbara E
Steamboat Springs, Colorado
Reviewed 3 May 2013

My family and I stayed here for two nights. I'm pretty easy going and certainly not picky BUT This place is filthy!!!! The floors were so dirty our feet were black 10 min after our showers. GROSS!! There were hard things stuck to the counters and the walls and door were very dirty.... noticably dirty !!We were also very disappointed that the POOL HAD BEEN SHUT DOWN BY THE HEALTH DEPARTMENT!! When asked the girl at the front desk about it. She acted like it was no big deal and that we were out of luck because we made reservations through Expedia. If we had made them through the hotel we would have a refund. When we returned home I had Expedia contact the hotel and they refused anything other that 25% off our next visit. That will never happen. I don't think you could pay us to stay there again. And yes as stated in other reviews all three paintings were the same. I don't think they take much pride in this hotel. Do yourself a favor and spend a little more and stay in a clean hotel.! Cheers!

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family