“Great food - homemade and tasty!”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Harbor Deli

Harbor Deli
Ranked #100 of 143 Restaurants in Dana Point
Cuisines: American, Delicatessen
Good for: Cheap Eats
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
San Diego, CA
“Great food - homemade and tasty!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 August 2013

We just happened onto this place for lunch while we were waiting for our Dana Wharf whale-watching trip today. Although the ambiance is ordinary, the food definitely is NOT! Homemade rye bread, dill pickles, chicken noodle soup, potato salad. Wonderful fresh salads, great pastrami. Huge sandwiches (but fortunately you can buy a half)! It's everything a deli should be. We were all extremely satisfied and thought it was worth every penny. If I lived closer to the area, I would go often!

• Visited August 2013

San Juan Capistrano, CA
“The food is the ONLY reason to go, although somewhat overpriced; service is not warm or welcoming.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2013

I have visited this restaurant several times, usually when I am in the mood for a big turkey sandwich. Their Full Jumbo sandwiches are very good and huge. As mentioned by another reviewer, the sandwiches are served with a side of potato salad or cole slaw or, for a dollar extra, steak fries. The cole slaw is not very good, the potato salad is just okay but the steak fries are great. I have also had the chicken matzo ball soup, which is very good. The last few times I have been there, I have bought food to go. On every occasion I have been there, almost every table has been empty. The inside of the restaurant is very drab and uninteresting. I have never been greeted or served in a friendly manner, even though I always leave tips on my to-go orders. The servers appear bored and uninterested. On my last visit, I waited almost forty minutes for two "Chicken Delight" sandwiches to go, although there were only two other parties in the restaurant. I wasn't offered anything during my wait, not even an indication as to when my order would be ready. The sandwiches were good but not quite worth the $13.00, (including tax and tip), I paid per sandwich. (These weren't "Jumbos".) There are better places to go in the harbor, or nearby, with far friendlier service, food that is just as good, and more reasonably priced - like Turk's or Schwack's..

• Visited August 2013
Chino Hills, California
“Awesome & delicious sandwiches”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 March 2013

Their sandwiches are huge and delicious!!! Also love their pickles....and the potatoe salad is yummy too. Sweet waitresses that remember us even though we only go there 3-4 times a year since we live 40+ miles inland.

Visited February 2013
Windsor VT
“Great Pastrami sandwiches”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 February 2013

Great food - a N Y deli in Dana Point. Staff could be friendlier or more cordial. I got no warm and fuzzy feeling here. The food is terrific and an awesome variety of choices.

Visited February 2013
Kansas
“Yum”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 February 2013

While thew Harbor Delcatessen has a fairly extensive menu, I am not all that adventuresome so I always stick with the pastrami New York Reuben. Yiou get a choice of cole slaw, fries, or potato salad. Fries are pretty good but the potato salad is terrific. The sandwich is the best Reuben I have had, and much better than the reuben I ate at the Stage Deli in NYC. Our server was friendly and the staff is very accomodating. The deli is in the Dana Point Harbor and has both inside and outside seating. Totally enjoy our lunch experience there. It's open for breakfast and lunch.

• Visited February 2013