I stayed for two nights at the St Regis Monarch Beach while attending a conference. The hotel is grand, the staff very competent and the rooms large and well appointed with marble bathrooms and a balcony and view. However, I compare every luxury hotel to the Grand Wailea on Maui and the Inn at Spanish Bay. This hotel is just not in the same ball park with these hotels. Most annoying is the lack of a coffee maker in the hotel rooms. You can spend $9 or $13 plus tax and gratuity from room service or walk 1/4 mile to the snack bar in the morning for a cup of coffee. All I want to do is wake up, read the newspaper, and have a cup of coffee. I don't want to pay an unreasonable amount or walk 1/4 mile to get coffee. Another trick played on the guest is the breakfast room service menu does not include prices. You have to dig into the guide in the room to understand how much a cup of coffee costs. Similarly the cost of items in the honor bar are hidden and difficult to find. I won't spend money blindly. It seems this hotel wants to hide costs from guests and surprise you at check-out. Another hidden cost is parking. Valet is $35 per day and self-park is $25. Most guests must self-park. It is near impossible to find the garage and even harder to find an empty space. I would not stay at the hotel again unless attending a conference.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our AAA Five-Diamond sanctuary is sublimely located near Southern California's renowned destinations, including Catalina Island and Dana Point Harbor. Nestled hillside overlooking a private beach, discover an array of adventuresome experiences at our coveted Orange County resort. From thrilling water sports, to championship golf links, to acclaimed Miraval Life in Balance Spa, encounter lasting memories at our pristine coastal locale. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Ebookers, Priceline, Odigeo, Agoda, TravelUp, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Cancelon, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Monarch Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- St. Regis, Monarch Beach Hotel Dana Point
- St Regis Dana Point
- St Regis Resort Monarch Beach