My husband and I booked this hotel for a stop over in California for 4 nights as part of our honeymoon in July. It looked so luxurious and grand. However, we were very disappointed for the following reasons:
- We had the worst 'upgrade' which was a room on the 1st floor, at the back, in the corner, with a view of a big plant outside
- We were gifted with warm white wine in our room as a welcome gift
- Parking is not cheap
- The daily resort fee is extortionate for what you actually get
- The pool was not inviting at all
Overall a real downer to the start of our honeymoon.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our AAA Five-Diamond sanctuary is sublimely located near Southern California's renowned destinations, including Catalina Island and Dana Point Harbor. Nestled hillside overlooking a private beach, discover an array of adventuresome experiences at our coveted Orange County resort. From thrilling water sports, to championship golf links, to acclaimed Miraval Life in Balance Spa, encounter lasting memories at our pristine coastal locale. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Agoda, Hotels.com, TravelUp and Odigeo so you can book your Monarch Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- St. Regis, Monarch Beach Hotel Dana Point
- St Regis Dana Point
- St Regis Resort Monarch Beach