When we checked in we waited over 20 minutes just to reach the check in counter. That made us feel like we were entering another Las Vegas convention center hotel, but of course we were not.
What we entered was wedding paradise! This must be a wonderful place for weddings, as the line held many people talking about weddings that weekend.
The rooms are large with fine quality bathrooms, all kept very clean and the extra service of the nightly "turn down" service, does the little extra's of a fine property. The staff is very attentive and polite. We found to food in one of the restaurants to be very good along with very pleasant service.
The extra charges detract from the quality image. $39 for valet parking each day plus a $25. "Resort Fee" each day is simply too much, for a high end hotel to be adding to each bill.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our AAA Five-Diamond sanctuary is sublimely located near Southern California's renowned destinations, including Catalina Island and Dana Point Harbor. Nestled hillside overlooking a private beach, discover an array of adventuresome experiences at our coveted Orange County resort. From thrilling water sports, to championship golf links, to acclaimed Miraval Life in Balance Spa, encounter lasting memories at our pristine coastal locale. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Odigeo, TravelUp, Agoda and Hotels.com so you can book your Monarch Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- St. Regis, Monarch Beach Hotel Dana Point
- St Regis Dana Point
- St Regis Resort Monarch Beach