“Fresh and Lite Breakfast on the go in Dana Point” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Pain Du Monde

Pain Du Monde
Cuisines: Cafe
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Brunch, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Appleton, WI
“Fresh and Lite Breakfast on the go in Dana Point”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 August 2011

Went over to the Pain Du Monde (PDM) Bakery /Café the morning of Aug 7th with a colleague for a light breakfast. We were staying at the Ritz in Dana Point, CA and decided to walk over since it was only about 1 ½ blocks if that from the driveway to the hotel. It is a small corner cafe with both indoor and outdoor seating available. I would guess good coffee based on seeing someone purchase 8 huge to go boxes of the stuff and a tray of breakfast sandwiches for their office.

I purchased the scrambled eggs with ham breakfast and a med glass of milk. It was a fairly large serving of eggs and came with a side of salsa, 2 pieces of bread and a cup of fresh fruit which was extremely fresh. A very good breakfast that was on the light side for only $12. My colleague tried the caramel latte and a scone and thought they both were good. They have some monster sized cookies that looked yummy. I sent my colleagues wife back over for breakfast and java the next day and she had the same meal I did and talked up the huge portion of eggs she got just like I did the previous morning.

I would definitely recommend giving it a try.

• Visited August 2011