“Excellent food and service”

What a Dish Cafe & Catering
Reserve with OpenTable
What a Dish Cafe & Catering is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #24 of 146 Restaurants in Dana Point
Price range: US$10 - US$17
Cuisines: American, French, Wine Bar
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner
Description: What A Dish Cafe is a bistro for foodies. We cook with the best ingredients sourced from local and California growers, while seasonally harvesting fresh herbs and vegetables from our own gardens. Our prime meats originate from Myer Natural 100% Angus Montana grazing Ranches and "Mary's Free Range" Chicken - who even grow their own grain for their poultry - while our breads are baked fresh daily by local artisans. We cater to locals and travelers alike who appreciate and demand the quality and flavors of fresh, local fare. The menus are adjusted daily and provide a full range of entrees from Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner through Dessert. Our extensive network of vendors has been carefully picked by What A Dish to reflect our commitment to quality.We also cater fabulous events in private homes and are preferred caters at many Orange county venues.First time diners become regulars and current clients book all of their offsite celebrations with us time and time again. Looking forward to having you be apart of our family.
Reviewed 6 May 2012

Could not have had a better experience for lunch today in Dana Point Harbor. My salad was fantastic and my wife enjoyed the crab Benedict. We will be back to try other items on menu!

3  Thank Jim M

Reviewed 17 February 2012

We picked up the food and brought it to our hotel...rather we had a favorite child do that for us...she brought it to us so we did not have to leave our hotel and the food was delish! I cannot wait to try it again. I had a grilled veg sandwich which came with either soup or salad and I opted for the soup and it was soo yummy.A spicy vegetable soup. Soo yummy!

2  Thank mrsbof3
Reviewed 7 February 2012

I know a lot of people who frequent here and they love it. I prefer RJs in the same center. Totally different atmosphere. What A Dish has a higher end feel to it, but I left still wanting more of something....maybe it was food. The service was ok. The atmosphere is nice and relaxing.

I have ordered a cake from them. Impressive cakes from the outside, but it was a bit dense and dry. Very expensive cakes. Fits right into the OC - Looks good from the outside, but lacks internal qualities.

Reviewed 15 January 2012

We were staying in the area for a long weekend playing golf and decided to try this place for a late breakfast. It was just superb. It was on Saturday around 10 am but we were able to get a table without waiting. Service was outstanding and the food was truly wonderful. We split an omelet and the crabcake eggs benedict and both were A++++. I am a gourmet cook and appreciated the made from scratch hollandaise and other things like the little muffin that came with the omelet. Very reasonable price. I highly recommend this place.

PS -there are cakes and other home made pastries inside that you can look at while waiting.

1  Thank CalGalSoCal
Reviewed 16 November 2011

This is a great place to eat but even more fun to look at the incredible cakes and dessert that they create. The menu changes with what is seasonably available which makes it always delicious!! Amazing chefs. Casual atmosphere.

3  Thank DPChick