“Hometown favorite”

Harbor House Cafe
Ranked #45 of 143 Restaurants in Dana Point
Cuisines: American, Diner
Good for: Child-friendly, Kids, Cheap Eats
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dana Point, California
“Hometown favorite”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 April 2014

This is one of our favorite breakfast places. My husband loves the omelets and my favorite is the blueberry pancakes.

Visited June 2013

Southern Cal
“Don't rush the Locals !”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2014

This is a locals place not a tourist oriented restaurant. Yeah, sometimes your waitress ducks out for a smoke or has a hangover. Have you ever been to a 24 hour, 365 day a year work schedule that has great service....?
A great menu you can bring anyone here and they'll find something they love. Vegetarian, Steak lover, Fish, deserts, a breakfast to die for. Salads that rival a fine dining place.
So, relax.... when you get your food it will be great. Don't rush and don't even boather trying to rush the help.

• Visited March 2014
Laguna Beach, California
“Disapointing...”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 February 2014

Came in at 9:30am, Thursday. Place was about half full. Lot's of road construction outside. Sat at a booth, waited for over 5 minutes for a menu, that the bus boy asked me if I wanted one. Sure( I don't have it memorized yet!), then he brought me water! Hey, heard about the drought?! Then another 5 minutes, no service, so I left. The place is going down hill. Sad.

• Visited February 2014
Orange County, California
“24 Hour Gem”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 February 2014

A great menu that is available 24 hours a day. We were up at 4am after travel from Europe and found this great place for an early breakfast. The omelettes were very good. I really like that you get the option of steamed rice with breakfast. The waiter was very nice and extremely helpful. Be advised the portions are quite large so sharing a meal is a great option if you aren't very hungry...put taking home the leftovers is a good option as well. The place is older, but the both the restrooms were very clean. The decor is a fun combination of neon and old movie poster. We recommend a pre-sunrise breakfast and then a short 3-5 minute walk to look over the harbor during the sunrise.

• Visited February 2014
Boston, Massachusetts
“Regular stop when I'm in Dana Point”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 January 2014

My whole family loves the Harbor House Restaurant and insists we eat there whenever we visit Dana Point. The food is excellent, plentiful (maybe too much), and my kids love it that they server breakfast all the time. My husband and I like perusing all of the old movie posters and photos. It isn't fancy, but it's always open and it is consistently good food.

• Visited December 2013