“Great burgers”

Price range: US$5 - US$10
Cuisines: American, Healthy
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Outdoor Seating
Description: The Shwack Beach Grill is a fast-casual American Restaurant featuring a unique menu of fresh California-inspired food at an affordable price, served quickly for both dine in and take out. Our core menu focuses on burgers, chicken sands, tacos, salads and spuds. We serve breakfast daily from 8am-11am and dinner specials from 4pm-close. We feature 12 Craft Beers on Draft and 7 hand selected wines. The Shwack is the perfect spot to grab some grub after a Surf-sesh or for a Fun dinner with the Fam! We love locals and tourists alike and hope to remind all of our guests that Life is Good...Shwack it!
Heidelberg, Germany
“Great burgers”
Reviewed 26 October 2013 via mobile

We were craving a juicy, perfect size and tasty burger - and the Scwack did not dissapoint in any way. Fast food feeling with personal and gourmet touche in a strange way. Good beer selection.

Visited October 2013

• Korean first
White Salmon, Washington
“Taco heaven”
Reviewed 13 October 2013

I enjoy a great fish taco, but it is hard to find one that isn't breaded or has fresh fish. A lot of establishments will tell you that it is fresh fish, but then why is it breaded?? The tacos I got at the Schwack were not only fresh, they were so fresh they were still swimming!! I have never enjoyed that fresh of a fish taco in my life!! I only wish that I lived closer so I could continually visit the Schwack.

I also was truly amazed that they got the idea of fresh and spicy together so that the heat of the salsa didn't overpower the flavor! Like I said if the tacos were that good I wish I had more time to sample the rest of the menu. Next time you are in Dana Point and are looking for a fantastic casual dining experience you should give this little gem a try. I wish they has a T shirt that said You survived a Schwack Attack or something so I could bring it home and brag about them some more!

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank ttocsnodrog_2000
Los Angeles, California
“the Burger Schwack”
Reviewed 10 October 2013

Although this burger joint caters to locals everyone was very freindly and helpful. I had a ymmy burger and my boyfriend had the fish tacos. We traded bites and both agreed that the food was really good. It was also a plus that they had a nice beer selection and decent wines by the glass. Hooray!

Orange, California
“Locals Only ;-)”
Reviewed 5 October 2013

The upside: Good Burgers, especially the Big Al with it's crispy onions and bacon. The Spuds, I asked for crispy and got nicely crisped, brown chunks perfectly dippable in the ranchy dressing they included in the bag.

The downside: It isn't on the sand at the beach, but it's darned close.

Charlotte, NC
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“FOOD IS SO GOOD! and affordable”
Reviewed 28 September 2013

The fish tacos are phe-nom-i-nal! So is everything on the menu - small restaurant, but nice beach decor. Fast service and friendly staff - good for singles, couples or families. Some of the items on the menu are HOT (spicy) so ask - they do a good job of telling you. I had the buffalo poppers during one visit and they warned me several times how hot they are. Spent about 15 minutes in the rest-room screaming the next day (not joking). I eat there almost everything in Orange County.