“Chocolate souffle "to die for"”
Review of Salt Creek Grille

Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Crown Valley Pkwy
Pound, Wisconsin
“Chocolate souffle "to die for"”
Reviewed 29 July 2014

The only reason I didn't rate this restaurant a five is that the calamari was chewy and the service, though friendly and informative, was slow. I loved everything else about it. We had dinner on the patio while listening to live acoustic music. There are ample heat lamps on the patio so it is quite comfortable sitting outside even on a cool evening. It is located on a busy corner, but the patio is landscaped so that the traffic is not visible. The plantings also help to muffle most of the traffic noise.

Complimentary valet parking is the only option unless you want to park in the adjacent shopping area and walk over.

We ordered the soy glazed salmon with brown rice and bok choy and steak frite. The salmon had a tangy sweet glaze with a perfectly done tender inside. The steak frite was flavorful with crisp potatoes. We shared our plates to make our own surf and turf. Both dinners were absolutely delicious. We finished our dinner with the chocolate souflle, which just melted in the mouth. The soufflé takes 25 minutes so we ordered it when ordering our dinner and it came out just five minutes after finishing our entrée.

We didn't want the evening to end since we were enjoying the music, so we moved up to comfy sofas by the firepit next to the door for after dinner drinks. A very enjoyable evening.

• Visited July 2014

Jupiter, Florida, United States
“Great Food - a bit pricey though”
Reviewed 29 July 2014

The wedge salad is phenomenal. the burger was smoky and wonderful. the service was even better than the food.

Dana Point, California
“Salt Creek Grill”
Reviewed 29 July 2014 credit card Amex Cardmember Review

I have wrote a reveiw on "The Grill" before--nothing has changed it is still great in all aspects. Try it you'll love it.

Los Angeles
“If you have to discuss your finances, meet your guru here...”
Reviewed 28 July 2014

So Dannie and I had to meet our financial consultants, Alexis and Richi, to get ready for that next step in my life. I won't get into the details of dinero brokering that we had with these really smart people, but I will get into the great food and atmosphere Dannie, Cora and I were subject of. The special was a ahi tuna steak. I had it with a rice and mushroom mix under sautéed spinach. The wine list was more than adequate with quite a few of Dannie's favorites from Napa (Cakebread being but one). I had a Kung Fu Girl Reisling that was perfect for a warm, thunderstormy day. Richi had a burger with blue cheese that made me wish to drive my cholesterol back to where it used to be. Cora had a little of everything we could load on her plate - fruit, pieces of crispy French fry, macaroni, spaghetti, spinach and some rice and mushroom. Our waiter was more than attentive...he was perfect. He gave us time to eat, made sure the wine glasses stayed full enough during the meal, ended by suggesting perfect cups of cappuccino. We had time to make important decisions on our finances in a relaxed manner. Yep, here's a good choice in a restaurant, even if all you're doing is having brunch on a Sunday morning.

• Visited July 2014
Phoenix, Arizona
“Slow start but picked up speed”
Reviewed 17 July 2014

Sat down during shift change so waited about 15 minutes for any service but then Carol showed up. Super sweet and attentive. Food was quick and really good. Of all things I actually ordered a cheeseburger on her recommendation which was VERY good. Compared to a Houston's or Hillstone burger. My husband had a Thai salad chicken salad that was incredibly large. We sat in the bar area which had a lot of table and booth seating. There was also a large patio area for outside dining.