“Just right” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Motif Restaurant at St. Regis - CLOSED

Motif Restaurant at St. Regis
Price range: US$12 - US$25
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Niguel Road
San Diego, California
“Just right”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2014

We selected a table and when we found that other guests were were looking a the view, but kept walking too close to our table, the staff responded in a very sympathetic way and re-seated us and made sure that we were happy.

The menu had a very good mix of imaginative and classic dishes and we were very pleased with the flavors & preparation of our food. The prices seemed to represent a good value for this location and quality. Our server was very polite and professional.

• Korean first
Montreal, Canada
“Average for the expensive prices and portions but amazing service”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2014

I really don't like to rate a restaurant average but if I do it's because I judge the restaurant on the price for the quality of food it serves. I stayed at the St. Regis and decided to eat at this restaurant because I expected it to be amazing, unfortunately it wasn't. We order 2 filet mignon for 36$ each with a 6 oz portion it was honestly average! My husband had the salmon filet with a side of pasta and again for the price that too was average. My son had the buffet that had an over cooked pasta but delicious chicken tenders. My Daughter wasn't even able to finish her 6 oz steak? I really needed to comment on my experience and i did tell the Maitre D. My kids and husband didn't want me to say anything but honestly it really doesn't make sense to sit at this type of restaurant and have average expectations. We'll the maître d was very understanding and listened to every word I said. He came back to the table and said the chef was very sorry about my experience and gave us a generous rebate on my invoice. I was very happy about this gesture cause I felt I did pay what a I deserved to pay considering the quality of the food was not a 5 star experience in a 6 star hotel restaurant. Maybe the chef was having a bad night and I really got unlucky. The service was excellent though and did live up to my expectations.

• Visited July 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Love this restaurant!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2014

This restaurant has it all: Location is on the beach, nice for pre- and post-dinner walks; great food; and good service. We went twice in a two-night stay!

Visited March 2014
Cali
“Best Brunch”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2014

Brunch was the best I ever had.A little pricey but once you go there you will see why. Well worth the money.SIt out on the patio and enjoy the ocean view

Los Angeles, California
“great experience”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2014

Tyler at the restaurant is very pleasant and gives good advice about the Menu, food was great and the view for diner is perfect !