“Nice choice for Breakfast”
Review of RJ's Cafe

RJ's Cafe
Ranked #3 of 146 Restaurants in Dana Point
Price range: US$5 - US$10
Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dana Point, California
“Nice choice for Breakfast”
Reviewed 2 November 2013

RJ's best known for various French Toast dishes and other breakfasts (I'd skip the lunch). Inside seating is comfortably cozy; tables not on top of each other and closer to coffee and kitchen.
Outside seating can be nice but sometimes the breeze picks up as it's in a bit of a corridor. Or area can also be quite warm in the sun as it's all cement-you will want an umbrella table.

Watch out on weekends as they open an adjacent windowless room for overflow. I would say No to that!

When there's been 2 of us we've moved the condiment rack to the edge of the table for more room only to find days worth of condiments that haven't been cleaned.
Servers usually good and personable unless there's some drama that day and then the whole room can become involved in it; definitely uncomfortable, though I'm sure it doesn't happen very often.
Worth trying if you are going to be eating breakfast out for several days. Coffee is good, but sweetners limited, no splendra.

• Visited September 2013

Toronto
“Fantastic Breakfast Menu”
Reviewed 30 October 2013

I found this Dana Point restaurant on Tripadvisor. We ate breakfast here before leaving to fly back home to Canada. There are a lot of staff who are extremely attentive and friendly, and who make you feel welcome. I had originally planned on having a combo of pancakes and eggs, but when I saw a plate delivered to the table across from me that looked AMAZING I had to ask our server what the heck she was eating. Our server said it was their Apple stuffed French toast which is two pieces of French toast with cream-cheese in the middle, apple slices on top and covered with a cinnamon-apple sauce. Well...I just had to have that. Although it seemed a little weird to have cream cheese as part of this dish, it actually was the perfect compliment to the sweetness of the meal. Our server said it was one of their most popular breakfast dishes and its no wonder. My wife had an omelet with home fries and she said that it was the best omelet she's ever had (other than the one she makes at home of course...) and my wife travels extensively for work and has eaten at many fine restaurants. What I really like about the menu is that they not only have the usual American-style meals, but they give things a special twist that kicks it up a notch by trying different flavors. I can't wait to go back the next time I'm in the area!

• Visited October 2013
Las Vegas, Nevada
“Constantly and consistently wonderful!”
Reviewed 6 October 2013

We found RJs about 6 years ago on our first visit to Dana Point...and we are glad we did! The menu is huge and they serve breakfast & lunch all day (they close at 3). Portions are huge, quality is over the top. We seem to be in the minority as tourists as there are tons of locals always which says a lot. RJ is there the entire time, greets people & ensures things are done right. Love it!

• Visited October 2013
SanClemente, CA
“Solid food/good value”
Reviewed 10 September 2013

Good variety of food, sandwiches, salads, breakfast entrees etc. Owner is usually on site and food is all of good quality. Reasonably priced.

Visited August 2013
Howell, Michigan
“Best Breakfast Restaurant Around”
Reviewed 9 September 2013

We were staying at the Laguna Cliffs Resort . We were looking for a place to eat breakfast and we asked around and everyone we asked told us to come to RJ's Café. We went 2 days in a row. The food is excellent and so is the waitstaff. Both times we had to wait a bit because it was on the weekend but definitely worth the wait. We will be back!!!! Thanks

Visited September 2013