“Great Place That Never Disappoints”

Raya at The Ritz-Carlton
Ranked #7 of 146 Restaurants in Dana Point
Price range: US$25 - US$100
Cuisines: Latin
Good for: View
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Raya, named “Restaurant of the Year” by Riviera Orange County in July 2011, is a great restaurant concept by acclaimed Chef Richard Sandoval. Raya showcases Pan-Latin Coastal Cuisine prepared with sustainable seafood, local produce, natural and organic meat and Chef Richard Sandoval’s signature Latin flavors. Discover delectable dining on the coast of Dana Point during your next visit.
Reviewed 8 August 2014

We've been to Raya many times and keep coming back because it never disappoints. The ocean view is fantastic, the food, especially the fish, is super fresh and beautifully prepared, and the atmosphere and service is excellent. And amazingly (for a Ritz-Carlton) the pricing is reasonable. IMHO, the place is much superior to any of the restaurants at high end hotels nearby. Those places are fine, but we think Raya is better. We'll be back.

Reviewed 6 August 2014 via mobile

My husband surprised me for my Birthday and took me to Raya. I have to say it was an amazing food experience. We started with a few of the small plates to share between the two of us. Then we each ordered our own entree which we also shared. The food was beautifully presented and the taste did not disappoint. It was a feast for all of the senses. You cannot go wrong if you decide to eat here. Bring your appetite as it will be hard to decide on just a few items to eat!

Reviewed 4 August 2014 via mobile

We want to try the breakfast at the ritz ..

And went there to have the good view also ..

The service was excellent and quick ..

They do mistake by bring for us omelet with bacon instead omelet with spinach ... But they remove it from the bill .. Good guest care .

You can check my pic for more detailed.

Reviewed 2 August 2014

Chef has developed a great menu. We ordered the beef huaraches and halibut. Flavors were delightful. Waiter was attentive although we took our time ordering, our small plates came out timely but our entrees were about 30 minutes later. Waiter told us entrees would be out soon although I was beginning to not be happy. I would advise to order timely. We will return.

1  Thank Sharoninpositano
Reviewed 31 July 2014 via mobile

I had the pleasure of dining at Raya Restaurant the other day. Now, let's set the expectation. At a Ritz-Carlton I do expect that the food and service will probably be amazing to begin with, and of course it was. I had the local and fresh (lightly seared) sea scallops, magnificent! The views, if you have not been also bring to mind words such amazing, magnificent, spectacular, etc.! However, food nor incredible views hold a candle to the level of service we received from everyone, always attentive but never annoying. The person that needs to be singled out though I the true star of this restaurant, her name is Liz!! After the first few minutes she had everyone's name down, Mr. This, Ms. That
and then when we switched it out to first names (to formal for us) immediately had those stored away and properly pronounced and ready to use at a moments notice. Towards the end of the lunch I felt that instead of dining at restaurant that we were in
Liz's home and she was our amazing and kind guest. The best memories come from those who really know how to make you feel special. Liz and her team and Raya definitely redefined what one of a kind customer service is like! We cannot wait to visit her again.