“Couldn't have been better!!!”

Capt. Dave's Dolphin & Whale Watching Safari
and up
High Speed Zodiac Whale Watching Safari from Dana Point
Ranked #1 of 21 Tours in Dana Point
More attraction details
Owner description: Whale watch with Capt. Dave's Dolphin and Whale Watching Safari in Dana Point on our high-tech sailing catamaran year round, with two Eye-to-Eye Underwater Viewing Pods. For 20 years Captain Dave's has provided daily trips to see dolphins, up to 10,000 strong, leap and play right off our bow, plus Gray Whales (December through April), Blue Whales (May through November), and year round Humpback Whales, Fin Whales, Minke Whales, and so much more. Go underwater with whales and dolphins without getting wet during your whale watch in our Eye-to-Eye Underwater Viewing Pods aboard Manute'a. Listen to dolphins during your whale watching safari with our underwater Hydrophone. Celebrity and certified naturalists make this exciting Dana Point whale watching excursion educational and entertaining too. Mrs. Capt. Dave's famous triple-fudge brownies make this a one-of-a-kind dolphin and whale watching adventure unforgettable. We are a real Eco-tourism company providing only sustainable wildlife viewing. Ask about Fast Cat, our upscale Rigid Hull Inflatable Catamaran and the newest boat in our whale watching fleet.
Reviewed 30 September 2011

My wife and I took our two grandkids (10 & 12) who have seen and done a lot. After this water trip, they both said that "this was the best ever!". Many whales. Not hundreds but thousands of dolphins at one point. Seeing them nuzzle right up to the underwater pod thrilled them (then me when I went down). The crews commentary added immensely to the experience (and they obviously were enjoying it as much as we were). This catamaran trip was so much better than being on one of the typical whale watching boats.

1  Thank Richard H

Reviewed 27 September 2011

Salt air, a ride on a catamaran, and abundant marine wildlife. What can be better? The staff at Dolphin Safari was courteous, knowledgable, and professional, from the reservationist to the skipper and supporting boat crew. We learned a lot about whales and dolphins, spotted 4 blue whales, and hundreds of dolphins which we could "get up close and personal" with in the underwater viewing pod. Great fun and memories to last for years to come. My kids LOVED it! I've already recommended it to my friends!

Reviewed 27 September 2011

I went on Captain Dave's Dolphin Safari this past Saturday, 9/24. It was a grey drizzly day.
None the less the crew was very upbeat about our chances of spotting a whale. The boat is very comfortable and the dolphin viewing pods are a huge bonus! We saw at least 100 dolphins, very active dolphins who happily entertained us. Then the big deal! We found a
blue whale. She delighted us by diving under the water three times and each time showing us her magnificent tale! These guys no what they are doing and you will definitely have a wonderful time. I will go again next January.
Allow time to enjoy the shops and restaurants in the harbor after your boat ride!

Reviewed 20 September 2011

I'm not a review writer under normal circumstances, but after the extraordinary experience I had on Sunday, September 18, 2011, I had to review. I went whale watching with a large group, which included a nine month pregnant woman, two three year olds, twin eight year olds, an eleven month old baby and four adults.

I have been on other, less expensive whale watching tours and never saw a whale. This particular day we saw over nine blue whales, a fin whale, numerous dolphins bow running with the boat. I have an AWESOME picture taken from their exclusive under water pod of a dolphin right next to the boat.

Everyone involved with Capt. Dave's, from the person taking my reservation to the crew, were incredibly friendly, knowledgeable, helpful. The crew was so understanding of the young children, and went out of their way to make sure the children's experiences were memorable. I am still smiling two days later. When all my out of state visitors arrive, we'll be going back to Capt. Dave's for sure. It is well well worth the money. You won't be disappointed.

1  Thank FASTFINGERS
Reviewed 20 September 2011

I went on the cruise with no expectations of seeing any whales, however, thought the boat ride and seeing dolphins would thrill my grandchildren. I was very wrong!! We ended up seeing several Blue Whales. Everyone at Capt. Dave's from the first person I talked with about reservations to the Captain, went out of their way to make this a pleasurable experience. I will be a returning customer, not just because of the whale sightings - but because of the way we were all treated. I thank them for the experience and memory that they have created for all of us aboard. Highly Recommend this company!!!

1  Thank Teri D