“Amazing experience!!!”

and up
Dana Point Whale Watching and Dolphin Watching Eco-Safari
Ranked #1 of 20 Tours in Dana Point
More attraction details
Owner description: Whale watch with Capt. Dave's Dolphin and Whale Watching Safari in Dana Point on our high-tech sailing catamaran year round, with two Eye-to-Eye Underwater Viewing Pods. For 20 years Captain Dave's has provided daily trips to see dolphins, up to 10,000 strong, leap and play right off our bow, plus Gray Whales (December through April), Blue Whales (May through November), and year round Humpback Whales, Fin Whales, Minke Whales, and so much more. Go underwater with whales and dolphins without getting wet during your whale watch in our Eye-to-Eye Underwater Viewing Pods aboard Manute'a. Listen to dolphins during your whale watching safari with our underwater Hydrophone. Celebrity and certified naturalists make this exciting Dana Point whale watching excursion educational and entertaining too. Mrs. Capt. Dave's famous triple-fudge brownies make this a one-of-a-kind dolphin and whale watching adventure unforgettable. We are a real Eco-tourism company providing only sustainable wildlife viewing. Ask about Fast Cat, our upscale Rigid Hull Inflatable Catamaran and the newest boat in our whale watching fleet.
Reviewed 7 July 2014 via mobile

The staff was so wonderful we saw a blue whale and more dolphins then I could count!!! My son loved it!!! The pod was so amazing felt like we were right with them... I would highly recommend this trip to all ages!

There are newer reviews for Capt. Dave's Dolphin & Whale Watching Safari

Reviewed 23 June 2014

We live within 45 minutes of Dana Point. We found that Capt. Dave's employees were very accommodating. They permitted my elderly companion who has mobility issues to pre-board. We were very comfortable and did not feel rushed to find a seat. They also offered to assist him to the front of the catamaran to get a better view. We saw plenty of dolphins but no whales, bummer! All in all it was a nice way to spend an afternoon. I would have enjoyed it more if we would have seen whales. but you can't predict nature... Definitely will go back.

1  Thank MariaZ858
Reviewed 23 June 2014

My daughters and I went on captain Dave's whale watching tour last weekend, it was absolutely by far the best thing I have ever done in my life. I am from Canada and I have never done anything like this and it was so amazing we saw so many dolphins and even a whale, I was just like a kid I couldn't believe what I was seeing, plus the staff made us feel so comfortable on the boat that we never once felt unsafe, I truly recommend this company for anybody who is planning on whale in the future they are very professional. I plan on saving for my next holiday in which we will for sure go do this again, can't wait!!!

3  Thank Mel N
Reviewed 10 June 2014

This was so much fun! No whales, but lots of dolphins. Nature is fickle, you never know what you'll see. The dolphins swam right along and under the boat, and with an open mesh area and underwater pod area, you could see them up close and almost touch them! Went over 7 miles off shore. Great guides. We'll worth the money! Way better than the Newport boat which is really just a coastal cruise.

2  Thank Vicki W
Reviewed 7 June 2014

We were able to see whales and dolphins on our trip in early June, but the biggest source of satisfaction came when Dale and Scott both really went out of their way to make my kids feel great. My daughter broke her arm early in the week and we were a little nervous about going on a boat in the ocean. Dale and Scott both made sure she was never with out assistance and stable footing. They really went out of their way to make sure she was safe at all times. They helped her in and out of the underwater viewing area, helped her hold on to the railings up front. It was such relief to know that they cared about my kids safety and well being over everything else. They even let my 2 year old look into a special whale telescope! Dale knows a lot about all the sea creatures - we asked a lot of questions. Dale knew the answers and made it very interesting. We did see a lot of dolphins and whales, but it still would have been an enjoyable trip.

2  Thank Brian w
ArielleA, Owner at Capt. Dave's Dolphin & Whale Watching Safari, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2014

Hi. Thank you for writing a review about your dolphin and whale watching trip. I'm thrilled you and your kids had fun. And I'm very happy to read that our crew went above and beyond to make the safari feel safe and comfortable for your daughter. We try very hard to provide a first-class trip for each passenger and our awesome Captains and crew are at the forefront of that effort. They really love what they do and, believe it or not, are probably more disappointed than passengers when we don't find animals. I hope we'll see you again soon!