“Hotel desperately needs updating ”

Dana Point Marina Inn
Ranked #8 of 12 Hotels in Dana Point
Reviewed 24 March 2014 via mobile

When we booked our whale watching excursion at Dana Point and the booking agent recommended this hotel so I trusted her recommendation since she said other customers have liked this "nice" hotel. Well it's anything but nice. It's so rundown and I think $98 is too much considering the shape of this place. I feel like $50 would be too much. I wouldn't stay here and wouldn't recommend this place.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank suzettestokes
There are newer reviews for Dana Point Marina Inn

Reviewed 12 March 2014

I stayed at the hotel that was booked for a wedding. Great price! I opted for no view since we were right there at the harbor. Good choice for me. Would definitely refer others to this hotel! Staff was great and helpful!

Room Tip: breakfast was great for what we needed. Who could ask for more? Lots of activities available if one...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 March 2014

We stayed here one night while we were in town for a wedding. We didn't want to pay the extra money for a view of the harbor since we can easily walk outside and see it so we opted for the cheapest budget room which was on the ground floor. We were in room 105, a king size room. The room was very spacious and very very clean. Bed the is very firm which we like. There is also a small kitchenette in the room. We arrived about an hour and a half before check in and they were still able to accommodate us. The bathtub looks so clean and inviting I wanted to take a bath but the drain stop was broken. I called the front desk and we had a new drain stop within 10 minutes. I was also very happy that there is a small terrace attached to the room. It was cold and raining that day and the heater worked great. The continental breakfast in the morning was fine, but I don't usually eat that sort of stuff. Although I don't think I'll be going back to Dana point anytime soon, if I do I will definitely stay there. comparative the prices for the other hotels in town $98 incl tax for this room was a great bargain.

• Stayed: March 2014
Reviewed 27 February 2014

It was very clean and the staff were exceptional. We had a room with a balcony looking out to the ocean and to our surprise it had a living room and a kitchen sink. It's directly across the street from the beach. I would definitely go again!

Room Tip: Any room is great.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 February 2014

Large, Clean newly remodeled room with balcony overlooking harbor. Super price & location. Included breakfast like most, bagels, cereal, etc.
the refrigerator in room very convenient. Comfortable bed and quiet sleeping.

Room Tip: Pool side suites for extended stay
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 February 2014 via mobile

Older property that is smart in not overcharging just becuz location at the harbor is great. Our room had an adjoining room door that was warped and couldn't completely close. Thin walls added to unfortunately listening to neighbors/tv show selections all night. Bathroom remodel achieved best use of small space. Nice/large fridge. All the creature comforts you need, but bring earplugs. A good value for your buck primarily for the location if you can forgive the acoustics.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank CaliforniaCaridee
Reviewed 16 December 2013

Last year, my husband and I visted this hotel over the Thanksgiving holiday, and this year, we returned for a longer, two-week stay. Once again,we had a superb experience. This hotel on Dana Point Harbor is squeaky clean, well run, beautifully maintained and without a doubt, boasts one of the most gorgeous views of the harbor. It's magical to wake up to the peace of the harbor and the picturesque yachts docked there. The rooms are cleaned thoroughly every day, and the fresh linens and towels are among the best. We found a smiling staff, including a few of the people we met during our last visit. We were met like family and treated with courtesy, professionalism and respect. The continental breakfast is lovely, and there are always interesting people to meet and greet. The Dana Point Marina Inn has the art of hosting down to a science. If you plan to be in the area, please consider checking it out. You will NOT be disappionted. And by the way, the shops and restaurants that are just steps away should be explored. The choices are endless.

Room Tip: Go for the harbor view.....fabulous.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Capri Laguna On The Beach
Capri Laguna On The Beach
#3 of 22 in Laguna Beach
Best Western Plus Casablanca Inn

Been to Dana Point Marina Inn? Share your experiences!