We had been SO disappointed at our relatively recent stay in a Four Sisters Inn in Carmel (reviewed elsewhere) which used to be fantastic and had gone completely downhill last year. But we decided to give the Blue Lantern Inn a chance. . . since the reviews were good and we were only staying overnight on a business trip. Our stay was great and we wished we had stayed longer. The Inn had a fantastic location overlooking the harbor and our rooms did as well. . . whether on the first floor or the third floor where our rooms were. It was very peaceful and quiet, the outdoor patios to lounge, relax and meditate on the sky and ocean. , , terrific. . . even though the hotel was full and had lots of wedding showers and other events going on, it was quiet and peaceful everywhere else. We liked this because if you wanted activity. . . you could be in the lobby anytime for the complimentary coffee/tea/cookies and afternoon wine and cheese and many other complimentary munchables and there were lots of people. If you wanted to sit away from the crowds overlooking the water, you could do that as well. The rooms were nicely appointed, the linens were very upscale and comfortable and the mini bar/refrigerator came with free water and sodas. The buffet breakfast (which one of us had sent to our room) was really great the next morning. Our only caveat: while the room on the ground floor did not have a water pressure problem. . . the shower in the room on the 3rd floor did. And, one of the staff members at the front desk was just a wee bit of a crabby sourpuss and she was there for most of our stay. Hoping that was some personal problem of hers spilling out uncontrollably. It didn't ruin an otherwise terrific stay. . . but hopefully management will read this and have a chat with her. Will return without a doubt. . . and are happy the Four Sisters Inn of Dana Point proved true to its previous form.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This luxurious inn was featured in Conde Nast Traveler and features fabulous views of the Pacific from just about every window of this four diamond bed and breakfast inn -- dramatically located on a bluff above the Dana Point Yacht Harbor. Blue Lantern Inn's guests savor a delicious breakfast in the morning and wine and hors d'oeuvres in the afternoon. Other amenities include on site spa treatments, a fitness center, two meeting rooms and bicycles for exploring the beautiful coastline. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Cancelon, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Blue Lantern Inn - A Four Sisters Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Blue Lantern Inn - a 4 Sisters Inn
- Blue Lantern Inn - a Four Sisters Hotel Dana Point