“Enjoyable Experience!”

Blue Lantern Inn - A Four Sisters Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 Dana Point B&B and Inns
Reviewed 22 January 2007

My husband and I stayed here one Saturday night and enjoyed our stay very much. We stayed in room 210, a Harbor View room. It met our expectations and more! The bathroom was huge! Two sinks, separate toilet, jetted tub, and robes. The TV was a good size, they have DVD players and DVD's you can check out w/o cost. Our room actually had two TV's, one for the bed and one in the sitting area. The sitting area overlooked the Harbor and Pacific Ocean (we looked south towards San Diego). The linens were clean, a sheet under and on top of the blanket...something all hotels should do! They had complimentary sodas, coffee, tea and cookies all day. Fruits, cheeses and wine during cocktail hour. The breakfast was wonderful as well. We had bacon, oatmeal, eggs florentine, red potatoes, muffins, bagels, hard boiled eggs, tomato juice and orange juice. They will even give you a tray if you want to take the breakfast up to your room. There are bikes to use and games in the sitting area. I can't think of one complaint!

• Stayed: January 2007, travelled as a couple
5  Thank CJfromCA

Reviewed 4 January 2007

Took advantage of an advertised mid-week package offering a discounted second night with a fully paid first night (still pricey) and booked weeks in advance. Upon checking in, found our room extremey noisy (jack-hammering, drilling, hammering) due to remodeling of adjacent room. After speaking with management, received a pretentious, "well, you're in a discounted room, aren't you?" (in the presence of other guests), as if we were out of line to complain or expect peace and quiet due to not being full-price guests. The staff would not mitigate the problem, so we chose not to stay, partially due to the noise, but mostly due to the offending attitude of the management.

Stayed: December 2006
17  Thank MrTeeDub
Reviewed 3 January 2007

- Absolutely great in every way - service, food, views, rooms
- Would love to stay there again

• Stayed: November 2004, travelled on business
1  Thank blumberg
Reviewed 29 November 2006

This hotel, which is part of the Four Sisters Inns, provides excellent quality and value. The rooms are spacious with nice bathrooms (even the cheapest City View rooms). Nice touches, like teddy bears on each bed. You get appetizers and wine in the afternoon, and a great morning breakfast. There is a great view of the ocean at the end of the street, and nice landscaping and outdoor sitting areas. There are free bicycles to check out, including bicycles for two. Off-season rates were reasonable -- look for website deals.

• Stayed: November 2006, travelled with family
2  Thank worldwide_32
Reviewed 15 November 2006

Pros: Absolutely gorgeous location.
Drop-dead view of the ocean from the patio
Nice comfortable room
Friendly, helpful staff
Free sodas
Whirpool tub in the room
Bathrobes in the room
Nice appetizers and wine in afternoon

Cons:
Breakfast was so-so.
Next time I'll go next door (If a Sunday) and have the Cannon's brunch
Very close to Cannon's and if a wedding is going on, you feel like you are part of it.
TV small
Bed nice but a little soft

Overall this place is a gem. We were going to book at the Ritz Carlton, but decided it was just too pricey so chose the Blue Lantern instead. We took one of the Pacific Edge rooms and it was $255 for a Saturday night. But worth every cent as far as location. I started the stay off with a nice relaxing soak in the whirlpool tub in the bathroom. It was wonderful!

This is a place for adults and couples. I wouldn't advise taking children here although there seemed to be several there. It's a little larger than a Bed and Breakfast but very cozy and quiet.

We will definitely go back! My husband and I absolutely loved the beauty of the place and it's probably the best place I've ever stayed on the ocean. The view was absolutely gorgeous.

When I got home I discovered I had left my glasses in the room and the staff was very helpful finding them for me and getting them shipped back to me promptly.

I agree with some others here that the breakfast could be better. Ours was oatmeal, fruits, potatoes and a frittata type egg dish - no breakfast meats which always disppoints my husband. I'm a coffee, oatmeal type person so ok for me. But if you are looking for a full breakfast this isn't the place.

Someone told me to try the Cannon's Brunch (they are right next door). They said it was the best brunch they ever had.

I was saying to my husband that this was probably the most beautiful place we have ever stayed, but then he reminded me that we stayed at the Ahwahnee in Yosemite last year and I had to agree with him. That was more beautiful. But the Blue Lantern had a much nicer (bigger) room and cost less than the Awahnee. And the Ahwahnee didn't have a whirlpool tub!

• Stayed: November 2006, travelled on business
5  Thank YLMom
Reviewed 3 November 2006

The Blue Lantern is a fantastic Dana Point experience!
It is located on the Pacific, it is absolutely lovely inside -- spotless - decor is charming - the staff is the BEST ever and it is an absolute joy to stay there. Make your reservation early because lots of others know how great this place is.

• Stayed: October 2006, travelled with family
1  Thank QUALITYTRIPS
Reviewed 22 August 2006

We stayed at the Blue Lantern Inn for four days and we found that for the price they charge they sure cut a lot of corners. I believe they could have offered up better food. Pancakes and potatoes and hard boiled eggs can't be a cheaper breakfast to feed someone and it was a lot of carbs! Oh they had muffins, cereal, and bagels too - more carbs! they had the coffee, tea, and juice as well but to me it looked like they could have done a better breakfast for their customers and it would not break the bank.

6  Thank brecla
The Inn At Laguna Beach
#6 of 23 in Laguna Beach
Pacific Edge Hotel on Laguna Beach
DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Doheny Beach - Dana Point

Been to Blue Lantern Inn - A Four Sisters Inn? Share your experiences!