The Ritz-Carlton, Laguna Niguel
Best Western Plus Marina Shores Hotel(Dana Point)(Great Value!)
US$148
  • Restaurant
US$226
US$197
  • Beachfront
Best Western Plus Dana Point Inn-By-The-Sea(Dana Point)(Great Value!)
US$164
BestWestern.com
US$142
US$129
DanaPointMarina
Capistrano Surfside Inn(Dana Point)(Great Value!)
US$157
Travelocity
US$158
Hotwire.com
2,449 results
All reviewsclub levelthe ritz carltonraya restaurantmarket placeocean viewoutdoor barfire pitsalt creek beachbeautiful locationthe cliffviews are amazingfitness centersouthern californiawatch the sunsetbusiness meetingboogie boardsluxury hotel
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 28 August 2011

The Ocean views are amazing and the service is lovely and courteous. The hotel is not as well kept as it should be. There were stains on lobby furniture and on bathrobes. The water pressure in the shower was awful. The air conditioning was very loud. The pool area had a bad smell and the food quality was only okay. This is not what we expected at a five star resort.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank Lrose11
ritzcarltonlaguna, Executive Office at The Ritz-Carlton, Laguna Niguel, responded to this reviewResponded 31 August 2011

Thank you for your detailed feedback. We will ensure all of these issues have our urgent attention immediately. Thank you! We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 26 August 2011

Third time over from the UK and as good as ever.
We had two adjacent rooms on the third floor with a pool view, and whilst not as nice as the last time we stayed view-wise, everything else about the rooms was great.
The breakfasts in Raya were excellent. All the staff extremely helpful, especially Lauren who fixed us up with some local info.
180Blu is a great new addition to when we stayed last. Great place for a digestif or just a beer whilst watching the sun go down.
I would rather the valet parking charges and restort fees didnt appear separately. They add up to a lot of $$$. That would be my only negative. the valet service was very good though. Some good guys, especially Orion.
So what if you have to WALK to the beach? The views are out of this world, and there is always the shuttle if you prefer.
We stayed a week, after three days at Disney and two days at the Beverly Wilshire. Some great restaurants around and we could have stayed alot longer.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
ritzcarltonlaguna, Executive Office at The Ritz-Carlton, Laguna Niguel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2011

We are delighted you have found a home away from home!! We greatly value your loyalty....thank you! We will be sure to share your nice comments with Orion and Lauren.
We look forward to welcoming you back again soon for a longer visit this time.

Reviewed 26 August 2011

There are two things this place has going for it; excellent service and the ocean location.
It probably was worthy of a 5 star rating a few years ago but it is more of a 3 for the rooms.
I had an ocean view which was great but the room itself needed renovating. I decided to splurge and was expecting first class accommodations and was disappointed to see stains on the upholstery and on the worn out carpet, rusted AC vent in my room. The bath tub had rusted fixtures and the towels were worn, not the 'fluffy' white luxurious you get in most 5 stars. Oh.....you know what I mean!! I looked into checking out, but read my fine print and I had purchased a hotel/air package with Expedia non-refundable. I am more than willing to pay top dollar, but then It needs to meet expectation of a 5 star. The food was average, not bad, just nothing out of the ordinary and limited menu. I will say that their sea food is definitely FRESH. This hotel is VERY kid friendly and I mean
lots of little people running around everywhere screaming having fun! I think that is another thing they have going for them if that is what you are looking for. If you are looking for relaxation, peace and quiet, some self indulgent down time, you won't find it here! If you go to the spa and get a massage you will get an hour of it. :-) It's a beautiful property right on the ocean and the staff are super courteous, will go out of their way for you. I was getting invaded by flies at the beach, and they brought me a can of Off. I did eventually move...duh....to a spot closer to the water. I think this hotel relies on the 'Ritz' reputation, their great location and their great staff for the 5 Star rating, but its NOT! Whom ever reads this, I just want to reiterate, it IS a wonderful hotel, but if you have traveled a lot and stayed at some nice hotels, you probably will be disappointed and not find it worth the top dollar you pay.

Room Tip: Book a package with Expedia for ocean front room
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled solo
3  Thank BEACHGOER60713

Thank you for your feedback. It is our highest mission to ensure each of our guests enjoys the best possible experience whether they are big or small. We have an amazing kids program and extremely fortunate to partner with Jean Michel Cousteau with his exclusive Ambassadors of the Environment program - one of only three in the world! We are also very excited for our upcoming room renovation starting this fall. We will be enhancing our guest rooms and our public areas. It is going to be fantastic and we invite you back to experience the enhancements very soon.

Reviewed 25 August 2011

Let me preface my review with the fact that I personally have champagne tastes with a beer pocketbook. Staying at the Ritz for us was a real treat and not something we would typically indulge in. My wife and I stayed for just one night, as we had a wedding in Dana Point we were attending. Interestingly 7-8 years ago we won a one night stay at the Ritz at a silent auction and had never used it until this event. The rooms were little more expensive by the time we wanted to use our gift certificate but I didn't mind paying the additional $100 for a night at the Ritz. The property inside and out is beautiful and overlooks the ocean, we had one of their most inexpensive rooms which I think runs $600 a night, but the gift certificate took care of most of that expense. I was expecting a very pretentious experience, but was pleasantly suprised. I will describe it as comfortably Chic. Staff was friendly, courteous and eager to serve. The room although on the small side was comfortable, NO view of the ocean but tastefully appointed. My wife likes the big comfy terrycloth robes that some hotels provides their guests, suprisingly hers had a hole that in side that looked like it was just worn out and should have been discarded. Really no issues to complain about. Not that it was an issue, but we did see lots of families with lots of kids. Cocktails/appetizers in their bar were great, but pricey. We didn't eat a meal there although I would have liked to, Sunday Champagne brunch was $60 per person, and buffet breakfast was around $25 per person. Next to the hotel is a large park that also overlooks the ocean and plenty of open space to lounge around. We actually sparked up a couple of nice cigars and enjoyed the morning. I would love to come back and spend a couple of days if not a week, but need to sell some real estate first. Although short It was a very enjoyable experience.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
ritzcarltonlaguna, Executive Office at The Ritz-Carlton, Laguna Niguel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 August 2011

We are delighted to have created memories for you here at our amazing resort. We look forward to creating more for you in the future. We hope to become your new home away from home. We offer many packages throughout the year that add great value. We encourage you to visit our website at ----- when you are planning your next getaway.

Reviewed 24 August 2011

Stayed here for my 40th birthday celebrations last year. Booked hotel via amex centurion which usually means you get special treatement at Ritz Carltons but not here. Check in staff did not seem to care- threw me a key and we were left to find our room. The room was ok- nothing special. Hotel was very full- and felt more like a wedding factory. Food was over priced and serivce was awful. NOT A RITZ CARLTON!

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank rrlondon500

Thank you for your honest comments. We greatly value all of our guests and are fortunate to be partners with American Express Centurion. We would like to discuss your stay with you further. Please contact the Executive Office at ----------------. Thank you.