We stayed for 3 nights with our two teenagers and 9 year old son. The reception area was beautiful with wonderful flower arrangements. Check-in was fine and we were met by the customer relations manager and someone showed us to our room. We went for our lunch at 180Blu which has spectacular views of the pacific. Lunch was excellent. Our rooms were lovely and we had wonderful views. We had dinner at the hotel's restaurant and had a wonderful meal with ingredients and flavour combinations we had never tried before. Fantastic service. The pool area was a little old fashioned I thought, with rows of sunbeds facing a rather boring pool. However, it was a very relaxing place to be and the waiters made sure we had everything we wanted. Special mention for Zack by the pool - a real Californian guy who was really friendly and made us smile :) We had a couple of meals at the poolside bar and enjoyed everything. We went down to the beach and the young men at the beach hut put out chairs and parasols and towels for us. One night we had wonderful freshly prepared sushi at 180Blu and were given blankets to put over us because it was a bit windy. We had a live musician and watched the sun go down, it was wonderful. We then watched a film out by the pool area, free popcorn and drinks under the palm trees, it was a lovely and memorable experience. We had room service to watch the opening of the Olympics and that was also excellent. We had breakfast a couple of times in the restaurant and found it to be very good. We tried buying it from the cafe once and the selection was a bit limited. There were a lot of conferences going on there, it was quite busy but didn't get in the way of our enjoyment. My daughter and husband used the gym. There cannot be many places in the world with a gym in a nicer position, overlooking the Pacific Ocean. My husband and son played tennis and table tennis and had the place to themselves. We saw a wedding take place on the lawn under our window one evening as the sun went down. The sunsets here are incredible.
Everything was clean and efficient and very relaxing.
The only negative of our trip was that we had over $500 of charges on our bill that did not belong to us. Reception accepted the mistakes immediately but it did leave us feeling a bit shocked. Ive never seen that happen before. Check your bills!!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience luxury coastal living at The Ritz-Carlton, Laguna Niguel, a resort in Dana Point, California situated high on a seaside bluff overlooking the Pacific Ocean, and offering a relaxed Southern California vibe near Laguna Beach, Los Angeles and San Diego. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Marriott, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HotelsClick, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your The Ritz-Carlton, Laguna Niguel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Ritz-Carlton Laguna Niguel Hotel Dana Point
- Ritz Dana Point
- Ritz-Carlton Dana Point
- Ritz Carlton Laguna Niguel