“Superb”

The Ritz-Carlton, Laguna Niguel
Ranked #2 of 12 Hotels in Dana Point
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 21 November 2013

Stayed on club level. Excellent service and hotel staff were professional and eager to serve and make our stay pleasurable.
I highly recommend staying at this hotel. Excellent and polite staff!! Loved it!!
Colleen the club level concierge went above and beyond to ensure we had a great time!
Thank you Ritz Carlton!

• Stayed: November 2013
ritzcarltonlaguna, Executive Office at The Ritz-Carlton, Laguna Niguel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 November 2013

It was our pleasure! Thank you for choosing The Ritz-Carlton, Laguna Niguel. On behalf of Colleen
and our entire team, we look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 18 November 2013

The Ritz-Carlton Laguna Niguel was an awesome experience!
They made our anniversary get away so special with lots of unexpected touches.
The property is like an art gallery in so many ways.
The staff is genuinely friendly and extremely helpful.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
ritzcarltonlaguna, Executive Office at The Ritz-Carlton, Laguna Niguel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 November 2013

Thank you for choosing The Ritz-Carlton, Laguna Niguel for such a momentous occasion! We are delighted to hear that we created a unique and memorable experience for you. Will this be an a new, annual tradition?

Reviewed 17 November 2013

My husband bought a package at a Chicago Boys and Girls Club benefit auction that included a stay at this resort. What a treat! We had a garden room, but it faced the ocean. Lovely. We watched whales and dolphins from our patio. An elegant brunch, beautiful beach, delightful spa and the best massage I have ever had. Monarch bay, and Torrey pines golf close by.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
ritzcarltonlaguna, Executive Office at The Ritz-Carlton, Laguna Niguel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 November 2013

Your trip sounds wonderful! We are delighted you were able to experience many of the fabulous offerings we have at The Ritz-Carlton, Laguna Niguel. Will you be returning soon?

Reviewed 16 November 2013

My wife and I spent a week there. It offers beautiful views of the ocean, along with amazing service. It is conveniently located to a number of different regional tourist attractions. We would definitely go back.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple

It was wonderful having you! We are delighted you enjoyed your experience. We hope to see you again soon! Thank you for choosing The Ritz-Carlton, Laguna Niguel.

Reviewed 15 November 2013

Spent 2 nights here, first on company and extended for second to experience what I missed while in conference. First night's room was on the inside facing pool. Lights in room are small direct downs and with trees from outside and very little lights on inside, made for a dark and dreary experience. When I went down today to request another room, I received the same welcome from front desk staff when I arrived - "we are happy to accomodate if you are willing to pay for an upgrade" I was not. Please sort it out and when the conference is finished, I'll come get keys. When I treked to the room, I discovered I had been banished to almost the last room in the complex whereupon I discovered the keys didn't work and had to trek back to the front desk to ask for new keys. I think I saw a twinkle in the eye of the desk clerk. I can hear all the noise from the comings and goings of the front driveway. But I have a view if I hang over the edge of the railing. Not a friendly nor service oriented front desk and I would not recommend this hotel to anyone.

Room Tip: Be willing to pay for upgrade.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank SaraLWatts

Thank you for choosing The Ritz-Carlton, Laguna Niguel and providing your valuable feedback. Hearing that you did not enjoy your experience saddens us and we hope to have the chance to visit with you by phone to ensure we reach a satisfactory solution for you. Please contact our Executive Office at your convenience. On behalf of all our ladies and gentlemen, we look forward to assisting you.

Reviewed 12 November 2013

This must be one of the very grandest and greatest hotels in the world, really. Its clifftop setting overlooking the Pacific, expanse, regal architecture, ocean breezes and ocean-wave soundtrack make it spendid, sumptuous and patrician. It is expensive, but if you are in the mood to be indulged and to feel special, there is no place quite like this Laguna Niguel hotel. Once you get comfortable here, which will happen the first night, it is emotionally quite hard to leave.

Room Tip: Try to get an ocean-front room, as the sound is hypnotic.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank karmaswimswami

We couldn't agree with you more.....the sound of the ocean waves are definitely hypnotic. We are delighted you enjoyed your experience with us and we look forward to creating more memories for you in the future.

Reviewed 9 November 2013 via mobile

This is a beautiful hotel atop a cliff overlooking a wonderful beach. There is easy beach access and the sand appears "combed" to keep it clean of most ocean debris. Lots of surfers, but not over crowded.

I am a Marriott Rewards Platinum Elite, and booked the one night stay using 50,000 Marriott Rewards points. We were booked into a garden view room but given an ocean view (one level upgrade as is standard). I was not greeted as a Platinum Elite and when I inquired about if the 1,000 points of the welcome gift would post to my account, the check in clerk looked at me like he had no idea what that was.

I requested a late checkout as is standard for a Platinum Elite, but was told I could not have one. When I clarified via the Marriott Rewards Terms and Conditions, the concierge was unfamiliar with the benefit. I asked for the hotel general manager to call me and discuss, which they said would be no problem, but they never did call.

We only stayed one night, checking in at 4p and out at 12p (so 20 total hours), but were charged two days of Valet parking, at $35 each. My definition of a day is 24 hours, theirs is whatever gets them the most fees.

All in all, it was a nice stay, but service in these instances and others was not what I would expect from a Ritz Carlton.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank WildCatBullDog
ritzcarltonlaguna, Executive Office at The Ritz-Carlton, Laguna Niguel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 November 2013

Thank you for choosing The Ritz-Carlton, Laguna NIguel. We enjoyed seeing your photos and are glad your overall experience was satisfactory. We would enjoy speaking to you further about your Platinum Elite status and benefits. Kindly contact the Executive Office directy so we may assist you.
We hope to welcome you back again soon!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Dana Point
Capri Laguna On The Beach
Capri Laguna On The Beach
#4 of 22 in Laguna Beach
Hyatt Regency Huntington Beach Resort & Spa
Hyatt Regency Huntington Beach R...
#1 of 21 in Huntington Beach
Pacific Edge Hotel on Laguna Beach

Been to The Ritz-Carlton, Laguna Niguel? Share your experiences!