Laguna Cliffs Marriott Resort & Spa
US$202
US$437
US$197
  • Beachfront
Best Western Plus Dana Point Inn-By-The-Sea(Dana Point)(Great Value!)
US$169
US$164
BestWestern.com
Best Western Plus Marina Shores Hotel(Dana Point)(Great Value!)
US$161
US$143
BestWestern.com
  • Breakfast included
US$296
US$141
US$129
DanaPointMarina
Capistrano Surfside Inn(Dana Point)(Great Value!)
US$235
US$296
Hotwire.com
US$835
US$795
  • Beachfront
US$660
1,449 results
All reviewsvue restaurantvalet parkingpublic parkdana point harborbreakfast buffetper nightvalet serviceocean viewbeautiful locationself parkking bednice propertyroom ratesmall balconysan diegobusiness meetingfitness center
Reviewed 23 December 2005

stayed with husband and 2 teenagers, we were given a room the size of closet, next to ice machine(noisy). Hotel nearly empty, paid $50 per night priceline, plus $22 a night to self park car in empty lot. At $50 per night it's a great deal. Hot tub nice and hot, pool 85 degrees, easy walk down many steps and across busy street to very nice doheney park/beach, and places to enjoy casual to fancy meals. Clean, staff friendly. Optional $25 a day per room fee for all beach supplies:chairs, boogie boards, fins, umbrellas, tennis, bike rental(1 hr).

• Stayed: December 2005
5  Thank SandyCA
Reviewed 22 November 2005

I recently stayed at the Laguna Cliffs after seeing a great offer on Travelzoo. I usually stay in Newport or Laguna Beach but have heard great things about Dana Point and decided to explore further south (10 minutes). The hotels exterior reminds be of Hotel Del Coronado in San Diego and is decorated in a nautical theme throughout the lobby and rooms. I did not have the opportunity to enjoy the spa but it looked new and very clean. I ate breakfast and lunch at the Regatta grill and loved the food, grilled chicken with cheese and avocado yummm, and also enjoyed cocktails at Commodore's in the evening. My room was slightly larger than other Marriott properties with vaulted ceilings as I was on the top floor. The rooms looked recently renovated with the last year and the bed was very comfortable. The property has great views of the ocean as it is located on top of a shallow cliff with a lighted walking path to the public beach below. With its great location and newly renovated rooms I enjoyed my stay at Laguna Cliffs. I will definitely be back.

Tip: Valet and self parking are the same cost so live it up and roll to the front door.

Stayed: September 2005
7  Thank Matt F
Reviewed 26 September 2005

Have just spent 4 days at this resort. I didn't check the reviews on Trip Advisor before we booked but I wish I had!

The check-in staff were unfriendly. We had booked a king size bed with a balcony. We were given two doubles. When we asked for a change we were told that we could move to a non sea-view room. After a second complaint we were moved but very grudgingly.

The main problem are the numerous wedding parties -3 on Saturday and 1 on Sunday This has the effect of large noisy get togethers prior to the wedding around the hot tub and the pool - not conducive to a relaxed afternoon. The more serious effect is the music - loud music in the open air until 10pm. As noted by another reviewer I could barely hear the television in my room let alone sit on a balcony and listen to the sea!

At most beach resorts one can expect the hotel to set up some beach chairs etc. for you. Not here - if you want to go to the beach they will put fold-up chairs (5.99 from Walmart), an umbrella etc. in a van and dump you in the parking lot of the public beach. We were told to call for a pick up when we wanted to return to the hotel. We did this, waited 15 minutes then decided to walk. Not what on expects for a $25 reort fee!

The service and ambiance of this "resort" is a joke. Don't come here unless you are a wedding guest!

• Stayed: September 2005
6  Thank 114John
A TripAdvisor Member
san francisco
Reviewed 12 September 2005

Recently stayed at this hotel for the weekend. I would not recommend the site to anyone. First problem is the amazing noise and crowds from all the weddings going on. The noise from the music was so loud at 10pm at night that you could barely hear the television in your room No warining is given to guests that this is going to be a problem. The staff reply was this was just the way things were.
Second the location is not great. Quite a walk to get to the harbor or beach. Again not well explained when you get a room.
For the price you can do much better. Dana Point itself was great.

• Stayed: September 2005
4  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
A TripAdvisor Member
Pasadena, CA
Reviewed 4 September 2005

Driving up the hill to the hotel was crowded and busy, but the valet guys really hustled. It did not feel like a resort, but a crazier version of a nicer hotel. Our initial contact with the Front Desk Guy was pretty horrible. We were told we could check in by 2pm by someone on the phone, but as soon as we got there - the guy behind the counter said, "Sorry, we don't allow check-in until 4pm", end of discussion. It was 3:45! It wasn't until we pressed the issue that he hesitantly and rudely disappeared to the back and returned in five minutes saying, "You are in luck, a room just opened up." (yea right).

Not a pleasant way to start a vacation at a RESORT.

The rooms were decent enough although you could tell the bathrooms were remodeled b/c there was unglued pieces of wood along the floor edges. The bed was incredibly comfortable and everything else in the room was well done, new and comfortable.

No ocean view from our room...or most of the rooms in fact. There isn't a direct view of the ocean from most of the hotel but there is good foliage outside the window.

Room service was okay. The view from the hotel bar is beautiful and the breakfast buffet is worth the money! The surrounding area is gorgeous and that alone will push me to return to this hotel. I LOVE Laguna Beach area.

Go to this hotel, but don't pay resort prices.

• Stayed: August 2005