We were here for a few days and had a pleasant experience overall but were surprised by the lack of a few basic amenities and family-friendly services, particularly for the hotel class and price. Here's a breakdown along with some tips, especially if you're traveling with a toddler.
• location: situated atop a cliff and close to main streets and harbor/beach
• service: excellent...literally every staff member we interacted with was friendly and helpful!
• separate kids pool and splash zone
• tiny park with single play structure (Lantern Bay Park) across the street/walking distance
• extremely limited (analog!) kids channels...the TVs are digital but not all the channels are which is ridiculous
• Kids Activity Center not open yet and from what we were told, there aren't any activities for kids under 4 anyway
• Movies $18.99 + tax...we only thought about renting a movie because the kids channels were analog and fuzzy but decided against it when we saw how much it costs. The hotel really should take a cue from other family resorts and have free or cheap kid/family movie rentals available.
• Starbucks station only open till 11am...the station is near the restaurant bar but after 11am no one is there to take ordersMore