1,509 results
All reviews vue restaurant valet parking public park dana point harbor breakfast buffet per night valet service beautiful location ocean view self park king bed nice property adult pool small balcony san diego boogie boards business meeting
Reviewed 29 June 2017 via mobile

I was there for a conference and moved from 1 room to the next. The rooms need updating and they are not very clean. Several people at conference said the same thing. Took a shower in standing water which is disgusting. Looked at drain and it has not been cleaned in a really long time. Sink didn't drain well either and the sink plug didn't work correctly. The manager is worthless and did not even have the nerve to come out address the issue. Terrible customer service. Left early and so disappointed and highly upset with your poor customer service! Hopefully corporate will be able to address these issues at this property! I am considering moving to Hilton over this incident! I pay for good service and clean rooms. The only thing nice were the grounds.

Trip type: Travelled on business
3  Thank Ashley P
Management response:Responded 2 July 2017

Dear Ashley,

Thank you for your review. We regret to hear that you had a few maintenance issues in your guest room. Please be assured this incident has been addressed with our Director of Housekeeping so he can personally review this with his team and provide the appropriate training to ensure this does not happen again in the future. As you can imagine, the upkeep of our guestrooms is of the utmost importance and we have a detailed maintenance program in place to ensure the quality and cleanliness of each guestroom is always of the highest quality. It is our daily intent to ensure each guest’s stay is enjoyable, relaxing and a memorable experience and we regret these shortfalls put a damper on your visit to our resort.

Ellie Apostolova

Reviewed 26 June 2017 via mobile

- pulled in - valet only- call ahead recommended !! Great little area - bartenders At- phenomenal speciality Bloody Mary - and delicious blackberry mojito. We're hungry - order grilled cheese and calamari steak - - props on that calamari. Entree- mahi mahi tacos - husband had the carne asada burrito - no complaints - everything was wonderful. Service pretty cool and chill- but working their tails off ! Scenery top notch

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
LCMRS, Manager at Laguna Cliffs Marriott Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2017

Thank you for your 5 star review. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed the food and drinks and the beautiful ocean views. We appreciate your compliments and hope you visit our restaurant again soon. We'd love to have you back.

Reviewed 23 June 2017 via mobile

We had a weekend getaway to the Marriott and the furnishings were a bit worn but the staff was first rate! Nice pools and friendly pool service with complimentary snacks and good drinks. Lots of weddings and conferences but we weren't bothered. The ADA room was well equipped and the staff exceptionally helpful, which was much appreciated. Many times, that is not the case. Wish I could give five stars but a little room maintenance was needed. Grounds were lovely. Thanks for a very enjoyable stay.

Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank sctraveler05
Reviewed 18 June 2017

I went here for a one day getaway with my wife and two kids (1 & 2 year olds) and though I must say the resort has friendly staff and service and awesome location in front of the beach, our room was super dirty. I am used to going to resorts without having to worry about my little ones walking on dirty floors, couches, and picking up weird particles off the carpet in our room. First thing we noticed upon check in and kids walking around were the dust particles and used Kleenex near the edge of the couch that our 1 year old almost picked up. There also was a dead bug that I picked up with tissue paper before my kids went near it. I must say that our room which we booked with (80,000 Marriott points) was the most dirty room I have ever been in my life time. (40,000 points each room and I booked another for my friends) I would definitely not go there again for my kids sake, let alone spend 80,000 points that I earned to pay for a night there.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank chunho c
Management response:Responded 20 June 2017

Dear Chunho C,

Thank you for your review. We regret to hear that you had a few maintenance issues in your guest room. Please be assured this incident has been addressed with our Director of Housekeeping so he can personally review this guestroom with his team and provide the appropriate training to ensure this does not happen again in the future. As you can imagine, the upkeep of our guestrooms is of the utmost importance and we have a detailed maintenance program in place to ensure the quality and cleanliness of each guestroom is always of the highest quality. It is our daily intent to ensure each guest’s stay is enjoyable, relaxing and a memorable experience and we regret these shortfalls put a damper on your visit to our resort.

We hope to have an opportunity to better your experience with us whenever your travels bring you back to Dana Point.

Reviewed 16 June 2017 via mobile

It has been about one year since we stayed here, and I am still so upset. This hotel left a dark mark on an otherwise wonderful trip touring the California coast. Because of this hotel, I refuse to stay in a Marriott ever again. My husband and I stayed one night at the Laguna Cliffs Marriott. When we checked it, it seemed nice - although dated. We got to our room and the view was beautiful. We went to the bar and enjoyed some drinks outdoors and walked the grounds - they are very pretty! But that's where the good ends. When we left for dinner, it turned out that the valet had misplaced our car key and never finished checking us in. Someone got yelled at in front of us, and it was overall a big ordeal. After a lengthy wait, we got our car, went to dinner, and came back. The valet people acted angry with us - I suppose because they got in trouble for messing up our check in. The next day, we discovered that wine purchased earlier in our trip in Napa Valley had been stolen from our car. We were so sad about this; this was wine purchased as gifts for family. I contacted the Marriott within a day of the theft and then spent MONTHS discussing this and trying to find a resolution - first with Marriott, who quickly shirked responsibility and had us contact the company that hired the valets (that company was of little help, offering to see us the next time we were in town; we live in Maryland - literally across the country). After months of phone calls and emails, we got nothing - literally nothing - no apology, nothing. I was SO disappointed with how Marriott handled this (and my husband, an attorney, is still furious). They honestly did not care that this happened. Theft is not ok - especially when staying in a nice resort. An apology, a refund for the stolen wine (under $100 - not even that much), a discount on a future stay - any of these would have helped make it right. But we got nothing. And they lost my husband and I as clients for life. We travel a lot; we are in our early 30's and love seeing new places. We used to stay at Marriotts often because my husband had a Marriott rewards credit card (which he has since canceled). Since then we have avoided all Marriott hotels. I am booking hotels right now for an upcoming trip and was once again reminded of why I avoid Marriott - they proved during this experience that they are ok with theft and that they don't care about their customers. It is so upsetting to have something stolen. We felt violated and taken advantage of - and it was made worse by the fact that Laguna Cliffs Marriott and the Marriott corporation did not care.

Aside from the theft, I was disappointed in some of the aspects of the room. For example, our bed had a flat sheet instead of a fitted sheet (so the bare mattress was exposed, which was sort of gross). There was also a hole in the sheet, so I slept with a towel on the bed to cover the bare part of the mattress. For $450 a night, proper sheets covering the mattress should be expected. Our bathroom had some damage to the sink and tile. The light in our room didn't work, and maintenance had to come repair it (maintenance was fast and very friendly). Overall, the hotel seems very old and like it is in need of a lot of updates. This hotel is in a pretty location, but I absolutely cannot recommend this hotel.

Date of stay: July 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
5  Thank SummerLove11
Management response:Responded 18 June 2017

Dear SummerLove11,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We take matters such as this very seriously. As a result, please allow us some time to look into this matter further.

Ellie Apostolova