“Best Court Yard”

Best Western Plus Dana Point Inn-By-The-Sea
Ranked #3 of 12 Hotels in Dana Point
Reviewed 23 May 2014

I was stayed a couple nights in March because my friends were getting married in Dana Point, CA. The hotel was close to the beach, it was family operated (very friendly), had a wonderful (included) breakfast, and the best courtyard ever. It's very relaxing-lots of plants, shade, and chairs to soak it all in. The only compliant was my room had a strange oder. I complained, but they were fully booked so I was stuck. The wedding party had several other rooms at the hotel and none else had a funny smelling room, so it was unusual. I had a non-smoking room, so my guess is someone smoked in the room and they sprayed something to cover the smell. I was able to leave the door open and open a back window for a cross breeze to air it out. The location, courtyard, and breakfast outweighed the strange odor. I would stay here again, but I would splurge for one of the rooms with a front facing balcony.

Room Tip: Don't get the room right next to the office
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank step511
There are newer reviews for Best Western Plus Dana Point Inn-By-The-Sea

Reviewed 22 May 2014

Brought the In-Laws, and treated them to the Dana Point Inn-by-the-Sea, They fell in LOVE!! A big "Thumbs-UP!!" Had cousins and more relatives visit us while we there, AND THEY LOVED IT!! The weather was perfect, the hotel and staff made our visit great! Can't say enough, about the staff! Very polite and courteous!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank dohenybluesfestival
Reviewed 15 May 2014

This was my first time staying by the beach and it was a great experience due to the staff and the quality of the hotel. It was a great hotel set up and not your regular hotel design. Very unique and exquisite.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 13 May 2014

wonderful stay...very clean, great staff, breakfast was abundant. The inside garden area was wonderful. There is a nice patio that looks out on the ocean thats perfect to sit and relax. You can walk right across the street and take the beach access directly to the beach.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 May 2014

There was not a single thing I could think of that was not exceptional. The hotel staff was friendly and accommodating. The breakfast was great. I had a wonderful night's sleep. The view was spectacular. My hats off to the management and staff at this Best Western. I will definitely make this the place to stay when I come back to this area again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 9 May 2014

Just stayed at the Best Western Plus for four nights. Fernando was extremely welcoming, kind and very helpful. The breakfast was good, scrambled eggs, waffles, sausage, bagels.....perfect for a quick bite. I was pleasantly surprised. Free parking and near a wonderful italian restaurant. Refrigerator and microwave in the room. Very clean. I was VERY pleasantly surprised.

Room Tip: We were across the street from the train. I never heard it. The refrigerator in the room hums a bi...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 7 May 2014

This hotel has become our home away from home. The management goes out of their way to ensure that our visit is perfect. They continually add upgrades and improvements to the rooms. We are offered our favorite room no matter how full the hotel is. They are extremely accomodating from the time we check in to the time we have to leave. We wouldn't consider staying anywhere else!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Capri Laguna On The Beach
Capri Laguna On The Beach
#3 of 22 in Laguna Beach
The Ritz-Carlton, Laguna Niguel

Been to Best Western Plus Dana Point Inn-By-The-Sea? Share your experiences!