“Tasting menu superb!”

Bourbon Steak Orange County
Reserve with OpenTable
Bourbon Steak Orange County is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #11 of 146 Restaurants in Dana Point
Price range: US$41 - US$80
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Description: Bourbon Steak Orange County makes its debut at the Monarch Beach Resort! Boasting a panoramic view of the Pacific Ocean, this modern American steakhouse offers guests an unforgettable dining experience complemented with breathtaking ocean views. The menu highlights Chef Michael Mina’s signature butter-poached and dry-aged prime steaks along with creative-yet-refined dishes showcasing locally-sourced, seasonal ingredients. The beverage program pays homage to timeless 20th century cocktails and offers a robust whiskey selection brought to life with unique tableside offerings including Japanese Whisky Service.
Reviewed 4 September 2013

The fixed price menu is the way to go- more "normal " selections with the emphasis on organic, and local cheeses, veggies, etc.
(Beware that our "gluten free" request was not altogether honored as we requested-something affected us both later)

The barrata and heirloom tomatoes were to die for, and the sablefish was delicately prepared (we could have had it doubled!)

The dessert was rolling in fresh strawberries, and topped with a sparkling red Italian dessert wine which was very unusual!

3  Thank SleeplessinSEA

Reviewed 2 September 2013

As I mentioned in my hotel review, the chicken was one of the best I've had. I did think the menu was somewhat limited. Normally, I'd never order chicken in a restaurant on the coast, but I'm glad I did. I'll go back just for this dish. Almost $60 for a chiken for two, but really worth it.

1  Thank RandyLargent
Reviewed 29 July 2013

My wife, 7 year old and I had dinner here while staying at the St Regis. I would have to say it was the single worst dining experience we have ever had. The waiter dropped the ball every step of the way. From bringing drinks we didn't order in cracked glasses to not bringing our appetizers and saying he forgot was one thing but what happened next is why I'm writing this review. When I finally commented on his poor service he got offensive and scared our 7 year old to the point she started crying. I literally had to ask him to leave our table 3 times and to bring the manager to us... Real creepy guy! I let the manager know the situation and asked for another waiter to take our dessert order. We sat for the next 20 minutes with the dessert menus in hand and never had another waiter come to take our order... ended up flagged down the bus boy and got our check. The next day while checking out of the St Regis we found out the restaurant added another $140 tip to our bill. That's fraud where I come from. I highly recommend you stay away from this place. There are so many better choices!

Reviewed 15 July 2013

A little slow in the beginning....and then the GM stepped in to attend to us..A WHOLE NEW EXPERIENCE..........We were about to get up and leave when after 15 min no contact beyond would you like still or sparkling( but never saw the water)....Unusual service..
BUT like I said the Gm David Borowik took charge and changed our minds forever about the Michael Mina restaurant ..Amazing food...
Thank you David..
Felt bad the whole tip had to go to the waiter who we NEVER ever saw...but hey..thats how its done...
Yes Please GO...The food and atmosphere is well worth it...

Reviewed 24 June 2013

Fantastic food and service. Get the Ahi tartare. It's Michael's original recipe from the original Aqua in SF. Still as good as it was in the day. Pretty much a SF legend along with the lobster pot pie. Thanks for the memories.

1  Thank SPGwanderlust