“Not what it used to be.” 1 of 5 bubbles

Davenport Cash Store & Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 4 Restaurants in Davenport
Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Tucson, Arizona
“Not what it used to be.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 June 2014

I think we must have hit up this place on a particularly bad night. Took the waiter about 20 minutes to get our order, another 30 - 40 passed before we got our food. One dish (salad) was prepared with ingredients not listed on the menu (that also do terrible things to my GI tract), one dish was undercooked (risotto), one soup was unevenly luke warm (it was very strange) and the other soup was so peppery it could not be eaten. Took a very long time for the waiter to come back to our table, when he did he was extremely rude and unaccommodating (and of course all the food was really cold by then). It was very obvious that on that particular day they were understaffed. Too bad, we had heard great things about this place. We paid what we had to, left and had dinner down the street. Will not go back.

• Visited December 2013

Fremont, California
“Average Food with a double digit price”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 May 2014

Stopped at the Davenport Roadhouse today on our way from Santa Cruz to Half Moon Bay. We have never been here before so we thought we'd see how the food was. My fish tacos were average, my husband says the fish and chips were good. We had the New England Clam chowder and the clams were over cooked and it appeared that the cream had been put into it while the base was boiling as it appeared to have little "curdles" in it. The "warm bread" that came with it was a small roll that we divided. I opted for salad instead of black beans which consisted of large pieces of salad leaves with carrot curls. I will say however that the dressing was cool and refreshing. All in all, we probably won't stop there again.

• Visited May 2014
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank activeoldster
Strandhill, Ireland
“Great sandwiches/paninis!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 May 2014

We stopped here briefly while travelling from Santa Cruz up to San Francisco. It was just a quick lunch stop so I can't comment on accommodations or their full menu...but the sandwich/panini we had was lovely! One of the best I've had for ages! If I was ever passing by here again, I'd definitely go back in for lunch again!

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Warm coffee, watery tasting fish, Dull burger”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 May 2014

I asked for a 2nd cup of coffee which was barely warm. The fish in the fish n chips had a watery taste in the middle. The burger well lets just say the lettuce and tomato had more flavor than the came out of the freezer burger.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank sr c
Boulder Creek, California
“Davenport Delight”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 March 2014

I would give The Roadhouse a better review if the service was just a little faster. The food is great and so is the atmosphere. I love the open space the big windows with a nice view of the coast. the artwork on the walls gives the place a very nice feel.....but, the service is way too slow, but I keep going back hoping it will change.

• Visited March 2014