“Convenient location”

Ranked #9 of 11 Hotels in Davis
Munich
“Convenient location”
Reviewed 19 March 2014

This hotel is right next to the highway and at the same time only walking distance from Davis down town. This convenient location and its modest pricing definitely speak for Univ. park inn.
One light bulb was broken in our room and generally it was quite dark inside. There's some noise from the road.
Otherwise everything is fine, the rooms are clean and spacey. We enjoyed our stay!

Stayed March 2014
1 Thank Kon V
Brianne M, Manager at University Park Inn and Suites, responded to this review, 21 March 2014
Dear Kon V,

Thank you for staying at the University Park Inn and Suites! I apologize for the broken light bulb in your room. I'm glad you enjoyed your spacious and clean room. We have a very convenient location in Davis and we look forward to seeing you again in the near future.

Safe Travels!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
San Jose, California
Reviewed 16 March 2014

Hockey brought us to the city of Davis, but university park inn and suites gave us reasons to extend our stay. Coming to town a day early gave us A hotel with large clean rooms with a central location. Parking was a breeze and the king room suite gave the family of 4 two tv sand a convenient door between us. Waffle breakfasts in the foyer and cookies at supper are a plus. The pool was refreshing after cruising the Davis markets for fresh bread, veggies and olive oils.

Downtown, whole foods and the regL cinemas are less than 5 min walk under the train line. If that's too far simple pop into cafe italia for breakfast lunch or dinner, in n out burgers or the quick mart are over the road for snacks.

Coffee at Dutch Brothers drive thru or walk up right at the entrance never had less than 3 cars waiting in each direction. Yes virginia, the coffee was good.

Need some physical activity, yoga studio over the road, rock climbing next door and bring a bike to take in the sites of Davis.

Room Tip: Back from entrance and upstairs are good options.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Brianne M, Manager at University Park Inn and Suites, responded to this review, 17 March 2014
Dear Dphipps4,

Thank you for staying at the University Park Inn and Suites in Davis! I'm happy to hear you enjoyed your stay. We have lovely large guestrooms and our pool is a nice place to escape after a long day. We look forward to seeing you again soon!
West Palm Beach, Florida
Reviewed 27 August 2013

This was my second visit to this hotel. The location is superb, in Davis, CA. The property is immaculate, with newer furnishings, easy parking, and complementary breakfast. There is an In and Out across the street, a Dutch Bros. coffee next door, as well as other restaurants in the area. But best of all is the customer service. They are very accommodating and do their best to ensure you have a pleasant stay. The day after I checked out, I realized I had left my Blackberry charger in the room. I called and within minutes, was told they had found my charger and would put it aside, in order for a friend to pick it up. Great place to stay in Davis!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
INCLINE VILLAGE
Reviewed 23 February 2013

The room was huge and the location was perfect for my family. We got two rooms and both rooms were suites, so we could accommodate the kids perfectly. We had a family meal at the wonderful Italian restaurant that is attached, so the location could not be beter. We could walk over there for other meals, too. My son took the train from Berkeley and then walked over to the hotel to join us. The service was excellent, too. I would stay there again in a heartbeat. There were a lot of feral cats wandering around outside our back door. yes, our rooms each had a back door which entered onto a sort of shared patio.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
canada
Reviewed 8 February 2013

The room was okay. Very dark. Low wattage bulbs and no overhead light. Several noisy neighbors spent several hours in the evening just outside their doors, smoking, calling out to each other.Then a more muted repeat starting at 5:30am.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank kathiann

Travellers are raving about these Davis hotels

San Jose, CA
Reviewed 19 December 2012 via mobile

University Park Inn & Suites is located conveniently right off the highway and close to most places in Davis, given that's it's a pretty small city. The rooms are clean and quite nice although the patio looked pretty sketchy. Beds were comfortable but nothing to write home about.

So what's not to like? The room that we stayed at (and apparently other rooms too) are equipped with motion sensing lights in the bedroom and bathroom. At first, it seemed like a strange but understandable feature. Convenience, right? Nope. The bedroom light sensor was pointed right at the bed and was so sensitive, the light would turn on whenever you moved in your sleep. I had to get up at 2AM to turn off the light -- thinking that switching the light switch would turn it off. Again, nope. There is no way to turn off the sensor other than putting a piece of tape over it. The front desk confirmed this when I complained in the morning after being woken several times by the light. They asked "you didn't see the tape over the sensor?" as if I should have known better.

I asked for the manager who was not in at the time so I left a stern complaint card asking for some sort of response complete with my phone number. It's been a month and I haven't gotten a response.

While the place is seemingly nice, the terrible experience left me unable to recommend University Park Inn & Suites to anyone.

• Stayed November 2012
3 Thank Ronald W
California USA
Reviewed 3 December 2012

This hotel is spacious, clean and comfortable, albeit not always quiet due to the proximity to the freeway. The breakfast is more than adequate with bagels, toast, make-your-own waffles, cereal, fruit, juice, Seattle's Best coffee and Tazo tea. The latter three items are available all day. My only problem was that the wireless internet in the rooms took a long time to connect and, when connected, was very slow. I would stay there again despite this issue.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the second floor is you like to open your windows at night.
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled on business