“Very Good”

Thai Recipes
Ranked #117 of 203 Restaurants in Davis
Cuisines: Thai
Reviewed 30 May 2013

I have been going to Thai recipes for many years and prefer them to the place across the street from them (Sophie's). their meals are always consistently good and I've never had a problem with their customer service. I recommend them highly.

Reviewed 11 January 2013

Terrible experience there yesterday. Wife and I traveled 20 miles for lunch, with the intent to use a Groupon I'd purchased. Got there about 1 p.m. They refused to honor the deal. Owner saidt it was not valid for the lunch menu, but we could order off the dinner menu. Owner agreed that no such restriction was on the Groupon. Said Groupon made the mistake in what she wanted. I advised her that was a problem between her and groupon, and that she should honor the deal as purchased. She said I could get a refund from Groupon. She said it's not her fault or her problem. That she only makes $7 on the deal. I suggested that perhaps she should not be dealing with Groupon and that she should understand better the importance of treating a customer right. She wanted to argue with me, although I stayed calm and pointed out that we traveled to get there and would likely come back if the food and service was good. I was the one tying to keep the discussion quiet and away from the two people finishing up their lunch nearby.

1  Thank RAG_13
Reviewed 24 November 2011

With a light rain falling you might think that the emptiness of the restaurant was due to the rain, but having just turned away from a 45 minute wait at Sophia's, that was not the case.

The food was decently priced, was served quickly, was hot and well cooked, but there wasn't anything special or stand out about it. After the food was served, we were pretty much abandoned. No soda refills, no water refills, and it was a good 15-20 minutes from when we finished eating till the check was said and done. We weren't in a hurry or we would have waved to speed things along, but the time it took for them to check if we were done, take us the check and finally pick up the check, was way too long.

Oh, and their Thai Iced tea does not come with free refills, so sip accordingly.

1  Thank jansportw
Reviewed 1 August 2011

We eat Thai all over the world including our own at home.... Have tried all the Thai in Davis and nothing compares to a thai Recipes. We have been eating there for 7 years and have never been disappointed. Sit traditional style or at a table, the family is always there to make you feel welcome. My son and I frequent often and they know what we want. By far some of the best Thai in Northern California!

Reviewed 5 February 2010

I was an out-of-town visitor there for lunch. I was impressed. Simple, healthy approach to Thai cuisine. I had shrimp and spinach in peanut sauce. Ample shrimp fresh and cooked just right. Delicious chai as well. Ambience is bright and non-dive. Would probably be a regular if I lived in Davis.