“My favorite pizza in town”
Review of Village Bakery

Village Bakery
Ranked #2 of 4 Bakeries in Davis
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Takeout
Zurich, Switzerland
“My favorite pizza in town”
Reviewed 2 December 2013

Great crust and delicious, fresh toppings. You can buy by the slice or get a whole pizza. Personally, I fancy their veggie with goat cheese. You can't beat Village Bakery for pizza in Davis! Take note: There are two Village Bakery restaurants in town. One is an expensive sit-down place and the other is on the corner across from the train station. That one is small, well-priced and great for lunch.

Visited February 2013

Davis, CA
“Best Pizza in Davis - By Far”
Reviewed 13 August 2013

The Village Bakery is a tiny hole in the wall right next to the train station at the G Street end of 2nd Street in Davis, CA. I go there for a scone and a coffee if I'm taking the train to Berkeley and San Francisco for the day. But mostly, I walk all the way from my office at First and D Streets, just to pick up a slice of their delectable pizza at lunchtime. The pizza has a thin crust and fantastic flavor. I love the veggie with goat cheese or pepperoni. And what a value! Only $2 or so dollars for lunch - you can't beat that!

• Visited August 2013
Davis, California
“Good just about everything”
Reviewed 19 June 2013

This place does just about everything well. They started off as a bread bakery doing wonderful, Euro-style bread (I was born in Germany, so I'm picky about bread). Next I discovered the pizza. It is the best in Davis, and is available whole or by the slice. For the Halloween downtown Trick-or-Treat, they give away small slices of it. The pastries I've tried (eclair, cream puff and Napoleon) are also excellent. Past at the restaurant is also good.

The breads are also available at the Davis Farmer's Market and Davis Foo Co-op.

I go regularly for one item or another. The "visit date" is the latest time I went.

• Visited June 2013
Lafayette, Indiana
“Great pizza!”
Reviewed 30 April 2013

I lived in Davis 10 years ago and remembered that Village Bakery had great pizza...the pizza is just as good as I remembered, maybe better. I had the roasted red pepper and goat cheese, and the roasted eggplant. Both were amazing.

Visited April 2013
Davis, CA
“Great pizza”
Reviewed 25 February 2013

The place to go in Davis if you like thin crust pizza! Great value. The crust is fantastic. I'm sure the bread is great as well, but I have only had the pizza

Visited December 2012