“A Little Disappointing”

Ranked #118 of 208 Restaurants in Davis
Price range: US$0 - US$15
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed 17 January 2013

This noodle bar was recommended to us but was not very good. Dumplings were heavy and tasteless. The soup broth was also not of the quality we expected. Even as a student hangout, it should be better.

Reviewed 12 January 2012

Wow this place was a big nothing. I took my wife there to have a chinese food and felt we had nothing worth eating.

Reviewed 3 April 2009

I didn't know many people hated this place until I saw reviews on here - everyone I've known that has eaten here loves it. When my boyfriend and I ate first ate here we went back at least 5 times within the following two weeks for dinner. The house specials are amazing - I have had the szechuan eggplant (best eggplant I've ever had), szechuan shrimp, hunan tofu, and garlic chicken - all fantastic. They give you giant portions for good prices (5.50 - 9.50 depending on lunch/dinner and dish). My mom isn't in to spicy food so she orders the chicken noodle soup and likes it. I do not recommend the hot oil wontons though - the middles were cold, they were a bit tasteless and the "hot oil" sauce was pretty disgusting. The other couple appetizers we've ordered have been just okay. Sometimes we get the veggie spring rolls, which are pretty good. The non specials on the menu are okay - the veggie chow mein and shrimp fried rice are good but not great compared to other Chinese places in Davis where their tends to be more flavor (which is weird because the house specials we've tried are FULL of flavor). Overall, recommended! We crave it all the time!

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Davis, California
Reviewed 24 June 2008

Pretty gross. No where near at as good as Sophia's next door.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook