“Home-made noodle heaven”

Ranked #151 of 203 Restaurants in Davis
Price range: US$0 - US$15
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed 19 May 2013

When I visit Davis, more likely than not I end up at Noodle City for lunch. Against the substantial competition of so many other restaurants, the home made noodles keep bringing me back. The service is blazing fast, and the price is super low. The portions are huge, and I usually take away from the meal more food than I was able to eat. The leftovers are very tasty. The dishes are not very imaginative, and the menu overall lacks the sophistication of the very best Chinese noodle and dumpling houses. But great value pushes this restaurant to 5 stars in my book.

Reviewed 21 April 2013 via mobile

Excellent and authentic Chinese noodle house. I had one of the best broths in a noodle soup I have ever had. My husband and both ordered the five spice beef noodle soup. We both loved it. The pork dumplings were delicious as well.

Reviewed 17 January 2013

This noodle bar was recommended to us but was not very good. Dumplings were heavy and tasteless. The soup broth was also not of the quality we expected. Even as a student hangout, it should be better.

Reviewed 12 January 2012

Wow this place was a big nothing. I took my wife there to have a chinese food and felt we had nothing worth eating.

Reviewed 3 April 2009

I didn't know many people hated this place until I saw reviews on here - everyone I've known that has eaten here loves it. When my boyfriend and I ate first ate here we went back at least 5 times within the following two weeks for dinner. The house specials are amazing - I have had the szechuan eggplant (best eggplant I've ever had), szechuan shrimp, hunan tofu, and garlic chicken - all fantastic. They give you giant portions for good prices (5.50 - 9.50 depending on lunch/dinner and dish). My mom isn't in to spicy food so she orders the chicken noodle soup and likes it. I do not recommend the hot oil wontons though - the middles were cold, they were a bit tasteless and the "hot oil" sauce was pretty disgusting. The other couple appetizers we've ordered have been just okay. Sometimes we get the veggie spring rolls, which are pretty good. The non specials on the menu are okay - the veggie chow mein and shrimp fried rice are good but not great compared to other Chinese places in Davis where their tends to be more flavor (which is weird because the house specials we've tried are FULL of flavor). Overall, recommended! We crave it all the time!

Been to Davis Noodle City? Share your experiences!