“Some fantastic dishes, and others not so great”
Review of Davis Noodle City

Davis Noodle City
Ranked #152 of 199 Restaurants in Davis
Price range: US$0 - US$15
Cuisines: Chinese
Davis, California
“Some fantastic dishes, and others not so great”
Reviewed 3 April 2009

I didn't know many people hated this place until I saw reviews on here - everyone I've known that has eaten here loves it. When my boyfriend and I ate first ate here we went back at least 5 times within the following two weeks for dinner. The house specials are amazing - I have had the szechuan eggplant (best eggplant I've ever had), szechuan shrimp, hunan tofu, and garlic chicken - all fantastic. They give you giant portions for good prices (5.50 - 9.50 depending on lunch/dinner and dish). My mom isn't in to spicy food so she orders the chicken noodle soup and likes it. I do not recommend the hot oil wontons though - the middles were cold, they were a bit tasteless and the "hot oil" sauce was pretty disgusting. The other couple appetizers we've ordered have been just okay. Sometimes we get the veggie spring rolls, which are pretty good. The non specials on the menu are okay - the veggie chow mein and shrimp fried rice are good but not great compared to other Chinese places in Davis where their tends to be more flavor (which is weird because the house specials we've tried are FULL of flavor). Overall, recommended! We crave it all the time!

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Pretty gross. No where near at as good as Sophia's next door.”
Reviewed 24 June 2008

Pretty gross. No where near at as good as Sophia's next door.

“delicious”
Reviewed 21 January 2008

delicious

“beef noofle soup.”
Reviewed 17 December 2007

beef noofle soup.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“I know people hate this...”
Reviewed 10 December 2007

I know people hate this place, but I like it. I think my taste in asian food just isn't very good.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook

Been to Davis Noodle City? Share your experiences!